Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
WCR Racer
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Pocono FUSA and Solid Performance had a bike scale. So I gave the $10 and wanted to see what it came in at.

410lb with a full tank of gas, Race fiber glass and empty tail section (- splash guard) Slip on and 520 conversion with light sprockets. And the R6 was under 400lb

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,330 Posts
I think most of the weight was the kill switch on the kickstand, ignition, and the bas. Then I shaved the plastic off the subframe, everything on the outside of the bars. Fork dust covers, front sprocket cover. rear brake res, chain guard, ram resinators and alot of nuts and bolts that are just overkill.
 

·
Superbike racer
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29678

yesterday we were at NHIS and we went into the scales garage and weighed our bikes.

2003 R6 = 385lbs (almost full gas tank)
2001 Gixxer 750 = 377lbs (1/2 tank of gas)
2004 600RR = 399lbs (1/3 tank of gas)

all three bikes have full Ti exhaust systems, sharkskinz bodywork, etc...all three are completely race prepped. Like me, the Honda needs to go on a diet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,150 Posts
dang I cant believe Honda hasnt solved the porkey problem......just imagine how sweet the bike would be if it werent the biggest pig of them all......however look how great the bike is and it is the pig of them all......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Don't run a full tank of gas? I don't know about you - but I could stand to lose 10 - 15 lbs myself - so until I do that, I can't justify trying to lighten my bike.

With a 1/2 of gas and a diet - I could shave 20lbs off my ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
467 Posts
BigTuna said:
that was the 1st thing i threw away
The first thing you should have thrown away was the cheesburger in your hand . . . . :laughing1
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
For as long as I can remember, Hondas have always seemed heavier than their competitors, but the handling and smoothness has always made up for that. I think if Honda could be within a few ponds of others each year, then they would win everything :).

farbio615 said:
dang I cant believe Honda hasnt solved the porkey problem......just imagine how sweet the bike would be if it werent the biggest pig of them all......however look how great the bike is and it is the pig of them all......
 

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
Gecko said:
The first thing you should have thrown away was the cheesburger in your hand . . . . :laughing1
.

HAHA.. now THAT'S funny...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
Zebo51 said:
For as long as I can remember, Hondas have always seemed heavier than their competitors, but the handling and smoothness has always made up for that. I think if Honda could be within a few ponds of others each year, then they would win everything :).

Yeah, but you don't see too many threads about a honda steering neck snapping off when you set a wheelie down either.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top