Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went outside this morning and all that was left where my bike was last night is my mirror that was broken off. it was a silver 08. At least I had insurance, I guess its time for an 09 w abs.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That sucks man, atleast you can afford the insurance for theft...Myself on the other got quoted for over $2000 w/ libality & comprehension!!!!!!!! I only paid $5000 for my bike!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
That sucks man! I can only imagine that horrible feeling you must have had when you walked outside. But at least you had full insurance though and your staying positive. I guess you can think of a way of starting over with a clean slate.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Why an '09 with ABS? More weight less HP. I'd get another '08.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Honestly I don't think ill notice 4 less hp at redline or twenty pounds, but I have people pull out in front of me, and ride in the rain on a daily basis. Ive had a few close calls.
That's true. What color scheme do you plan to get?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do you have tickets/accidents? Age? That just seems awfully high...
Uhm, not that high. I have a clean record driving 10+ years (car), relatively new motorcycle license and my quotes were as follows for full coverage on an 07 600rr: 8200, 7400, 6500 and 4200... almost didn't get the bike until I got a quote from state farm for 1100.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
sorry to hear about the bike, good thing you have insurance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Uhm, not that high. I have a clean record driving 10+ years (car), relatively new motorcycle license and my quotes were as follows for full coverage on an 07 600rr: 8200, 7400, 6500 and 4200... almost didn't get the bike until I got a quote from state farm for 1100.
Hmmm, just wondered because mine is only $460 per year. I know I get a discount because I have 3 other cars and a house with the same agent, but I didn't think the discount was that much...

·
Registered
106 Posts
sorry to hear about that... that has been my worst nightmore over the past couple years. Luckily I just moved into a townhouse with a garage so I finally have a place to keep the bike instead of keeping her outside! good luck on getting a new one!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hmmm, just wondered because mine is only $460 per year. I know I get a discount because I have 3 other cars and a house with the same agent, but I didn't think the discount was that much...
He's in Canada. Perhaps the rates are a lot different up there? PBeaul?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
He's in Canada. Perhaps the rates are a lot different up there? PBeaul?
Yea, Ontario in general has some of the highest rates in Canada (I think BC's are higher... not sure), but my area (right next to Detroit, MI) has pretty much the highest/shittiest rates in the province.

Those rates were when I was first looking for a bike so a someone with an M1 (beginners permit) and a super sport bike. Top 3 quotes were from companies that add 300 - 330% premium simply because it's a super sport.

I currently only have my bike with State Farm because their car insurance is WAY higher than what I pay elsewhere. I currently pay around ~1150/year for my 2006 VW Jetta TDI and the best Statefarm can do is close to 2300/year. If I did have a car with State Farm, the bike would drop down from 1150ish to about 600/year.

I hate insurance... biggest scam. If I had put all the money I've wasted on insurance in the bank over the years I'd probably have close to 30K sitting there (and I've only been driving ~10 years)...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts