Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the key in the on position, I flick the stop switch down to activate the fuel which supposed to make a buzzing sound, but mine doenst buzz which probably means im not getting any fuel. What should I check or replace if needed? The bike just cranks and it wont start because of this issue. Please help

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, there's gas in the tank. The bike was wrecked before, needed front end (forks, front rim, and some plastics). It was laid down on its side too which resulted in a broken stator so I replaced that too.

K

·
0 Posts
put gas in the tank??
That was way off base.

Yep, there's gas in the tank. The bike was wrecked before, needed front end (forks, front rim, and some plastics). It was laid down on its side too which resulted in a broken stator so I replaced that too.
Check your BAS for proper mounting. should look like pictured:

The BAS is the sensor with the white, green, and red wires coming out of it, dead center in the headlight housing.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Just like KS stated make sure the arrow is pointing down
just like the picture is showing

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the headlight removed and the BAS is currently facing the same way but resting on top of my speedo. Its connected as well

K

·
0 Posts
so it's not vertical with the round edge to the bottom.

that's your problem.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I have it facing and positioned the same way as it should be in your pic. Its just resting on the speedo as I mentioned before. A little cocky arent we :0)

No one is being cocky man we are simply trying to help
If KS was a little cocky like you assume he would not
even answer your questions or try to help

Is your BAS tilted in any way or sitting there straight

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tada problem solved again. like a walking motorcycle manual.
Wrong problem not solved!

well actually yeah I figured out the problem, it wasnt the BAS it was the relay located by the left side mid fairing.

I have yet another question...

Which was is the fan supposed to spin? Counter clock or clock wise? I was watching it spin from the left side of the bike with my plastics off and noticed it spinning counter clock wise. Is that correct?

PS my fan went on around 216 temp

K

·
0 Posts
ah, relay then. most of the time around here, it's because folks are putting the BAS on up-side-down when they do upper fairing or headlight housing service, so i like to start there.

Fan on at 216F is good. perfect even. never looked at rotation, but the fan should pull air through the radiator. if you can feel warm air on your hand being blown out the left side duct, it's spinning in the right direction!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The fan is spinning in the right direction as far as the temp when it came on
that is close to the average temp 220 F to 222 F , 4 degrees less is not that
much or critical just make sure the Radiator and the Res bottle are filled up to
the correct level and your bike should be alright

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, I wasnt sure about the rotation because I fought with that stupid fan plug and yanked the wires out by accident.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Any time man helping each other is what we strive for here among this RR
family of ours

1 - 20 of 20 Posts