Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cwm21:auhhh so i want to leave at 2 but we screw around and leave at 4 wtf...finally on our way down there like 30 min from daytona and my brandd new 08 graffiti starts smoking im like WTF!! we pull over and i looked the damn oil drain plug fell out WTF once again!! so i was thinkin wat am I goign to do, my buddie runs to the nearest ace to trhy and find a nut of some sort, no luck by this time its dark, WTF! at like 745 a guy pulls up on a harley and was like wats the problem i told him he says " my sons got an 07 cbr 600 and ill go pull his drain plug out ok man sweet" 20 min the guy comes back puts it in and there we go put oil in it and lets head SOUTH! YES finally... we pull into a bike wash in daytona and get the oil offf everything its looks good now and im glad i pulled over when i did or it could have been worse..

so my question is do i need to change my back tire bc of the oil soaking into the tire?? thanks in advance guys..

D

·
0 Posts
Just wash the tire off and take it easy on it for a while. Use plain water even though it'll be a bitch...and torque the drain plug to spec this time. :)

D

·
0 Posts
we used degreaser, is that ok?? and will you be at the .NEt meet?
Not ok, and yes.
Degreaser will do bad things to the rubber, so long as it isn't natural degreaser, but who the hell buys that ****? lol
Edit: Come to think of it, even natural degreaser would be bad.

New tire time.

D

·
0 Posts
why is it bad, the guys at the cycle shop that it would get the oil off?
Oh, it will get the oil off, but it will also destroy the rubber. It'll dissolve, become gummy and slippery, and do other bad things. It's like putting gasoline in a styrofoam cup.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
why is it bad, the guys at the cycle shop that it would get the oil off?
It'll get the oil off along with the important components that make up your rear tire.

lawl.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'm kidding to some extent.

I used industrial degreaser on new car tires on a daily basis at my old job. It'd be smart to wash it off thoroughly.

D

·
0 Posts
WTF!! the whole nights been like this, so a new rear? and how long do i have?
Here's a simple equation to find out how much you have.

Take the number of miles ridden on degreased tire, add a - in front of it, and there you go.
Sad, but true.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats a knee dragger but at the time i was so pissed at myself and i wanted to go to daytona i said **** it lets do it.. ill wash it tomrw. but biketoberfest was a blast if you have never gone, go...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
that sux about ur bike man. good thing u got it sorted out.

me and some friends are heading out there saturday morning. can't wait to be stuck in friggin traffic in daytona..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Were you riding in the back of the pack? Its weird that no one would see oil draining out. Glad you pulled over though.

BTW, glad to hear that harley's are helping out and not all are douche's that everybody make them out to look like. Did you return the bolt to him? I can see it now, son wakes up, starts bike, and kapoof! haha

·
Registered
403 Posts
Were you riding in the back of the pack? Its weird that no one would see oil draining out. Glad you pulled over though.

BTW, glad to hear that harley's are helping out and not all are douche's that everybody make them out to look like. Did you return the bolt to him? I can see it now, son wakes up, starts bike, and kapoof! haha

thats what i was thinking did you pay him for the plug? you just mentioned that the Harley guy went home and pulled the plug off his sons 07RR. what luck that the one person who stops his son rides a RR. we'll probably read another post on this forum saying "wtf my oil plug is missing"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i bought him a new one today and ran it down there, wat luck i was in the front but i guess my buddies didnt see it like i said it could have been worse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts