Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, same to you! Loving your exhaust, wish I could get away with a slip-on but the authorities in my area are pretty tight with exhaust checkpoints.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically on and around of the beaches and other random spots they have like 5 state troopers or cops hanging out. EVERY single bike they see they just walk out into the road and flag you over. Then they pull you aside check your license, registration and then come over with a decibel meter and make you put your bike at a set RPM and make sure its legal.... if its not they ticket you for exhaust along with any other modifications they don't like.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice bike ...getting rid of the ugly fender does more for the looks than the pipe itself. I have an 2011 ...full black but that was after I looked and looked for an '09 black and green which is the best color scheme in my view.

As for the ticketing ...a year ago I stumbled on an article in a motorcycle magazine where California was going to enforce laws against the loud exhaust. The problem is ..the Harley people are the ones who gave the officials no choice ...and guys with sports bike just got caught up in the situation.

No such problem here in the south ..loving my new Leo-Vince!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I love the black and green seems to be a pretty rare color scheme. As far as the ticketing its horrible, I got pulled over about 6 times between last year and today. Never got a ticket but I'm sure any slip on without a pretty serious silencer would have ended up in a few tickets minimum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Basically on and around of the beaches and other random spots they have like 5 state troopers or cops hanging out. EVERY single bike they see they just walk out into the road and flag you over. Then they pull you aside check your license, registration and then come over with a decibel meter and make you put your bike at a set RPM and make sure its legal.... if its not they ticket you for exhaust along with any other modifications they don't like.
are you kidding me? dont those cops have anything better to do? bigger fish to fry? thats such a sad waste of tax payers money

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most definitely a waste of tax payers money I agree. Sadly though its a few people in towns that keep calling in noise violations and complaining so they decided to crack down on everyone especially the street bike scene. Haha as far as moving I might just have to do that so I can get my slip on, even though after I put it on I wont be able to visit NH haha. I could probably get away with like a leo vince or something with an insert, they just sound so good without I don't think I could resist :/ lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.