Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been working for this guy for 17plus years. He used to have a gsxr1000 and a Harley and back in the day he would let me take the gsxr out quite a bit. After work yesterday my bike was warming up and we were all standing around getting ready to go home. He jumps on my bike and takes off......Shaking and bucking back and forth like he never used a clutch before. He went around the corner and now I cant hear the bike anymore. Minutes are going by and he never comes back. After what seemed like hours my phone rings and when I get it, he says he cant get the bike started. He tells me where he is and I rush over there. When I get to him we bs for a minute then I jump on the bike and bring it back to where we all were. I noticed the rearview mirror was up at a strange angle but didn't think much of it......Untill I tried to adjust it to where I want it. It wouldn't move at first. It seemed like it was forced into that position. Fast forward an hour I just went over the Whitestone bridge and stopped on the queens side to make a phone call. I noticed my right frame slider had rash on the edge. Then I really started looking around and I see some scuffs on the right side of my tail section. Wow. I cant believe this guy didn't say something to me. Anyone think I should call him on his bs? The damage is almost invisible but that's not the point. We have been close for many many years and I just cant believe he wouldn't say something. Losing faith in humanity here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
absolutely. and dont forget you have witnesses saying he got on your bike WITHOUT your permission and took off. he is 100% liable for the damages and you should not hesitate. the longer you wait the harder it will be

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
I wouldnt call him a **** or anything if u worked for him for 17 years he pays for your bread. Id make a joke of it and see where that takes me. Thats why i dont use other ppls bike just so i can say no when they ask for mine lol.. although i do let my close friends and my boss ride my bikes just because i trust them with it and would be able to live with it if it was dropped. Lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
Your boss is a **** for thinking you are his bitch and he can do whatever he wants to you and your stuff.

I would call his ass out on it behind closed doors and ask for him to repair it. If he balks at you, well...you decide how to handle it. Since you've been close for years, you should be able to be bit more "personal" about situations like this.

These ****'n humans are getting too use to living life as though there are no REAL consequences for actions...remind him...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Your boss is a **** for thinking you are his bitch and he can do whatever he wants to you and your stuff.

I would call his ass out on it behind closed doors and ask for him to repair it. If he balks at you, well...you decide how to handle it. Since you've been close for years, you should be able to be bit more "personal" about situations like this.

These ****'n humans are getting too use to living life as though there are no REAL consequences for actions...remind him...
Love the tough guy talk in this........yeah, you all talk to your boss just like this......

No reason to be a **** (at this point) if you have a 17 year relationship. My guess is he was pretty damn embarrassed and didn't think he did any damage. Tell him about it, show him nicely and see what you get. Doubt he was trying to put anything over the OP on this.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Love the tough guy talk in this........yeah, you all talk to your boss just like this......

No reason to be a **** (at this point) if you have a 17 year relationship. My guess is he was pretty damn embarrassed and didn't think he did any damage. Tell him about it, show him nicely and see what you get. Doubt he was trying to put anything over the OP on this.

I talk to my boss like this if they did something stupid, but I can't be fired lmfao

·
Registered
334 Posts

Nothing tough guy about it...if I've known you for 17 years, that gives me even more leeway to jump your ass even harder if you break something of mine and just try to play it off like nothing happened.

I ASSURE you I have talked to bosses like this...I know my leverage as an employee and "friend" if OP is speaking along these lines.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I can definitely see both sides here. On one hand, this is your bike, your baby, if someone dropped my bike I would be devastated. Even if it was just minor damage it would bother me so much simply because someone else did it. Now, add in the fact that is someone you have known for a long time and they couldn't even man up and tell you. That would bother me so much. It clearly bothers you OP, seeing as how you made a thread about it.

On the other hand, this is your boss so you do need to tread lightly, you've known him for a long time though, and you're clearly in the right here.

I know people are saying either confront or don't confront. But I'd say just walk up to him and ask, talk about some other things "hey how was your weekend?" blah blah blah. Then after a few minutes of bullshietting just bring it up, "hey, the other day after you took my bike out, why were you gone so long?" This is his chance to explain himself. if he says something like "oh I was just having fun" then just let him know "yeah, that's fine I was looking at the bike and I just wasn't sure if maybe you had accidentally dropped it. I'm not mad, I just was wondering what exactly happened" he can dodge the question again, and if he does that just let it go and laugh it off and never let him ride it again.

I personally never use other people's bikes for that exact reason. I would be so upset if I dropped someones bike or if someone dropped mine. It's just not worth it. I'd let family and possibly a super close friend, but that's it really.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
what you have to put in consideration is are you positive it was your boss that dropped it on his joy ride or did someone accidentally knocked it over in the parking lot and didnt tell you and you just noticed it now.

be careful how you go about this ask him in a nice manner dont ruin 17 years of relations by assuming and accusing him. not saying sweep it under a rug but be nice about it, make a light joke be like so did you forget how to ride or did the wind get strong in the parking lot.. hopefully in the 17 years of friendship you can joke a round a lil. let him know you saw the damage but dont straight out accuse him if hes your friend hes not gna lie to you.. just my opinion..

def grinds my gears being accused by friend/family for something i didnt do.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts