Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sucks. A couple of buddies and I have been trying to talk this guy into getting a bike.....well, he finally got one. Today at 10am, he picked up a 2001 blk/silver F4i w/ 2000 miles on it. He rode it about 60 miles around in the country while I was at work.
I promised him I'd tak him on a little ride when I got off, so I did.
Anyway, I took him to my future mother-in-law's.....WAY out in the country, no traffic....when all of a sudden a freak storm hit. We got through it, and at the next crossroad I stopped and told him to take it REAL easy. I pull on ahead, look in my mirror and see his lights vanish....I was like "What the hell?"....so I turn around.
He lowsided, got road rash from hell (no gloves), and banged his helmet on the asphalt a few good hard licks....(my fiance was behind him in the Sequoia).
He's okay...bruised and banged up pretty good.
Bike is okay....will need stator cover, bar end, front fairing, left mirror, new signals, and gear lever.

I feel bad even though I had no control of the freak storm (no warning at all), and we really had no where to go.

anybody know a good place to get parts.

Please! Ride safe and wear the gear!!!

:(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, he wasn't hot dogging or anything. I think as he approached the first rumble strip, he got off the throttle really quick and unloaded the rear...he doesn't weigh 100lbs soaking wet. then I think it began to slide, he wiggled and down he went....Dana said she never saw brake lights.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Man that sucks I just got stuck out in the rain for the first time a few weeks ago didnt fell any diffrent just took it easy and tried not to down shift to much well good thing he's alright and the bikes no in to bad of shape hope he heals fast and all is good ;-)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Didnt you tell him to wear gloves and all of the safety gear? Just curious, bcz it might safe him with some road rash. Glad to hear that he is ok..

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
E-bay is your biggest friend, and anything you can't find on e-bay get through Bell's Honda (OEM)...

Sucks that you guys got caught in the rain and that he went down...doesn't weigh 100 lbs soaking wet? How big is this kid?

You had no control over it, and unfortunatly weather is part of riding, whether you like it or not...you have to understand the risks every time you go out, so it's not your fault at all, don't feel bad about it.

Did he take the MSF? Cuz he probably should have...and he definatly should have been wearing some gear

·
Registered
595 Posts
you shouldn't feel bad that your buddy went down, but you should feel bad about talking him into getting a bike before getting any gear. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
417 Posts
:nono: no gear = no ride = no fun = no bike = no brainer...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Got caught in my first rain storm yesterday as well (massachusetts). Someone in here posted riding in the rain isn't that much different? The stupid rubber sealer they use to patch cracks in asphault became prevalent yesterday! Rubber on rubber with water in the middle creates one hell of a hazard.

Glad to hear your buddies okay. Get him in some safety training and back on that bike! I'd hate to see him not get into the hobbie due to a freak accident!

Ride on. ;-)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Him not wearing gear was dumb.....no excuse for it.....but I bet before his butt hits the seat again he'll be wearing some.

·
Registered
595 Posts
CrusherUsher said:
Him not wearing gear was dumb.....no excuse for it.....but I bet before his butt hits the seat again he'll be wearing some.
I know of plety of people that started with no gear, have gone down a few times with no gear and still wear no gear. There is no common sense in some people. If their buddies who haven't gone down don't wear gear, they will not be wearing any either. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
807 Posts
it sounds like he was wearing gear, just didnt have gloves...
dont say that was dumb, just unfortunate
hard to wear gloves when its 1000 degrees outside

check ebay though, i see those things u mentioned all the time on there

·
Registered
595 Posts
lowzx3on17s said:
it sounds like he was wearing gear, just didnt have gloves...
dont say that was dumb, just unfortunate
hard to wear gloves when its 1000 degrees outside

check ebay though, i see those things u mentioned all the time on there
ummmm...it isn't hard to wear gloves in 100°+ weather. I do it in full leathers all day long. It is a bad personal choice to ride without protecting something as vital as your hands.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Harder to wear a full jacket in 100 degree + weather...I have a lot harder time convincing myself to wear my jacket when it's that hot out than I do wearing my gloves and boots...I ALWAYS wear at least gloves and a helmet...the other gear depends on what kind of riding I'm doing...if I'm just going to a friend's house or gunna stay on main, busy roads, I'll usually just helmet/gloves it...longer high-way rides I'll helmet/jacket/gloves/boots it...if I'm hittin' twisties or going for more serious rides...I'll FUUULLLL gear it with the works, leathers, gloves, helmet, boots and back-protector

H

·
0 Posts
i am glad that he will be ok.... i took 2 of my friends to get f4i's (love those bikes)... and before i let them take the bikes out i made sure they bought the necessary gear... $hit before i would even teach them to ride in a parking lot i made sure they had gear on....

i will admit there are times when we will roll to a cruise night without gear (still wear gloves).. we take it easy.. no speeding or leaning turns real hard... we just cruise to the spot and walk around for a bit... i know it is not the safest thing to do, but we do it once a month.. aside from that one day we are in gear...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts