Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Question: Do you have a power commander on it? If so remap it with your components from the power commander website. It may be that there is a custom map on it that is prohibiting fueling at RPM over 14k.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
99% of everyone that has had this problem was fixed with a new fuel pump...

I have never had this problem but it sounds very common. Last guy that had this problem said that he found a pump on ebay for $50.

If yours is like everyone elses, it starts and runs fine but just stalls at the same RPM all the time. This is no guarantee but that's the first thing I'd look into.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i don't have a power commander on it.
i hadn't drivin it for about a month my battery died and i jumped started it, i noticed that it wasn't as fast as it was.my cusin had the same promblem , they changed the fuel pump and it was ok but i don't think it is the fuel pump on mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it dosn't stall, when it hits 14k it's like i'm letting off the throttle. it keeps going at 14k.if i let of the throttle it go's up to 14500 rpm.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If it's not as fast and won't go above 14K Both of those are true with a bad fuel pump.

There are plenty of other maybes... bad injector/s Faulty ECU MAybe the timings off or even your tach is damaged and inaccurate. Maybe the bearings in your motor are shot and it about to blow.

Outside of the simple stuff, None of us can figure out that much with just a description.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
out of the blue it started to redline, then it wouldn't.could it be a sensor?i don't thinks it's the fuelpump, if it was it wouldn't sometimes redline and then not redline.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if it was the fuel pump it wouldn't redline sometimes and other times not redline.
i live in greece it's kind of xard not to drive the **** out of my bike. :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Ok peter, here's what you got. Demented gives a lot of good advice and I've had my share of trouble shooting with the 4 600rr's that I have owned.

Everything you have said on here leads both of us to believe that you have a bad fuel pump. Yet you're insisting that it is OK. Well there are other reasons that a bike wouldn't redline however none of them are common or ,for that matter, even easy to check.

If you buy a fuel pump of ebay or somewhere and put it in... it will cost IDK $50 maybe even $100 plus the time to put it in. Pretty much everything else would have to be done at a shop unless you want to spend a lot of money on the tools needed to check all the other possibilities out.

So, $100 for the fuel pump... maybe it will be fixed. If that doesn't fix it... you'll have to take it to a shop and they're gonna charge a few hundred.

If you take it to the shop and they put in a new $450 fuel pump + labor... you're going to be pissed.

You can take our advice ( and that is exactly what it is... not a guarantee) and try this or just go to the shop and have it fixed. Your choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've orderd a new fuel pump.
if i where to take it to the shop, it would cost me 700euro for the fuel pump+labor.
it's kind of exspensive here in greece. :)
i'm also changing oil,plugs.etc.. even though i changed all of thoses les than 1000miles ago. and i'm puting an aftermarket air filter.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i agree that it is the fuel pump. same thing happened with my bike and many others like both these gentlemen have stated. you do not need to change the oil and you CERTAINLY do not need to change the spark plugs if you changed them less than 1000 miles ago...... (their service interval is 32,000 miles.....)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i took out the spark plugs, not really in good condition, oil burnt, airfilter clean.

i guess the machanic didn't really do his job, that's why i'm tacking time off work to fix it myself.

did the bikes that had the same problem sometimes work properly?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
o yeah before i took it apart i raced a friend with 05 cbr, i tested it with him because before it started acting up the bikes where side by side, now where side by side till i hit 13800 rpm, then he takes off.

sorry i forgot to menchin that.. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
dude get a full system exhaust and it will redline sooo easy. thats what happened to me. and i think our cbr's have govenors so you can only go a certain speed. i think its hooked up to the speed calibration module. so if you buy a speedo healer or something that re-calibrates the speedo then you will be able to redline in 6th gear.

D

·
0 Posts
dude get a full system exhaust and it will redline sooo easy. thats what happened to me. and i think our cbr's have govenors so you can only go a certain speed. i think its hooked up to the speed calibration module. so if you buy a speedo healer or something that re-calibrates the speedo then you will be able to redline in 6th gear.
Any bike will redline just as easily with the stock exhaust, no exhaust, or an aftermarket exhaust. There is no governor either.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
i would say fuel pump ...
and i agree with Demented -.- are you trying to do that on the track or you wanna redline your bike in city traffic ? if its the later, you should just leave at as it is ..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts