Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to pick up a 2007 600RR for a no-brainer price, and decided to build it out as a "disposable bike" to save wear and tear on my 2014 Aprilia Tuono. My club track (Harris Hill Road) is 25 miles from my house, so the bike needs to be street legal, but my intent is to make it track focused while sticking to some kind of budget.

To that end, I have the following parts ready to install:
All Balls Fork Rebuild kit (seals and bushings)
Maxima 10W fork oil
Rebuilt Penske rear shock (2-way)
Galfer brake lines
Honda front brake master cylinder rebuild kit
Vortex rearsets
NT Fairings Repsol Replica fairing set (because Nicky Hayden)
Renthal grips
MMG lightweight battery

Other parts that I'm considering:
Woodcraft frame sliders
R6 throttle tube
Case protectors (open to brands)
Amazon brake/clutch levers (black)
New factory clutch cover
???

The bike as purchased:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First wash and oil change. I use this as an opportunity to do a closer inspection and see if there are any other issues with the bike. The rear shock definitely seems due for a rebuild/replacement. I managed to pick up the Penske on FB for a great price, so that was an easy decision.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exhaust

· Registered
16 Posts
I like the woodcraft case protectors and frame sliders personally. I've tested both sides lol. If you're going to change gearing, may as well go to 520 chain while you're at it. Brake pads are good too, my favorite are the EBC GPFAX, but there's lots of less pricey options.

· Registered
49 Posts
Appreciate it. Been following your build as well.

Off topic, but I loved Bangkok and Thailand when I had a chance to visit!
Thanks for the build follow :) .... And yes i am very lucky to be able to live here for the last 10 years and able to enjoy track like Buriram for way cheaper than a kidney... If anyone come to Bangkok one day give me a shout :)

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the build follow :) .... And yes i am very lucky to be able to live here for the last 10 years and able to enjoy track like Buriram for way cheaper than a kidney... If anyone come to Bangkok one day give me a shout :)
I will take you up on that. Just not sure how soon. Prices you're quoting are nuts! I'll be running COTA in November. Getting another MotoGP track on my list would be a serious win!

· Registered
49 Posts
I will take you up on that. Just not sure how soon. Prices you're quoting are nuts! I'll be running COTA in November. Getting another MotoGP track on my list would be a serious win!
If you come try to match a Honda track day ... they rent all on spot if want ( suits,gloves,1K RRRSP... All is doable here is TH hahahah)

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Productive day:

Replaced a bunch of faulty hose clamps in the cooling system, and drained and flushed it.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Hood Auto part

Opened up the air box to inspect the air filter (new one will be ordered along with spark plugs):
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Fuel tank

Opened the NT Fairings and assembled some of the components. Installed the tail for some motivation:

Installed the rebuilt Penske (If anyone has a recommendation on a remote reservoir mount, I'd love to hear it):
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle tire

Gas Auto part Technology Electronics accessory Electric blue

Automotive tire Working animal Wood Motor vehicle Gas

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset Motor vehicle Bicycle chain

And most importantly removed the blue rim tape:

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

As it sits:
Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 26 Posts