Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot remember where I got this thing and it has no name on it. I tried to look it up online but cannot.

I have used it to go running and mountain biking as well. Gun did fall out once while I was mountain biking on a trail because I had one hand on the bars for some reason and lost control and my right hand went to grab the bars and in the motion my thumb hit the velcro perfectly and the gun just slid out.

I carry a Springfield Armory XD40 with a 4" barrel. The gun just fits this pouch and any bigger would not work. For those of you who don't know, the SAXD40 is basically like a Glock but it has a grip safety as well and a notch on the top that when raised, lets you know if there is a round in the chamber.

The pack has a small little pouch on the front where you can hold a couple things, here i have a slim wallet and and extra magazine.

For my daily carry I use the safepacker. I wear it a lot and have not had anyone question me about it. I tend to not wear baggy clothes so this is a a good solution for me. Sometimes when I do I wear loose clothes I wear a belly band for an IWB carry. Looking to get a shoulder harness for jackets this winter...

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
I never really saw the point of carrying every day. unless your super tiny and in East LA, you dont need one.

I carry under specific circumstances, IE, going to trenton to see some friends whose financial status isnt as lucky as mine, and happen to live in bad neighborhoods.

But I'd never wear that manpurse for a pistol, too easy to steal. a scooter or motorcycle, 2 guys on it, 1 drives, the other uses a razorblade to steal the purse, or in this case, gun. I've seen it done, mostly in italy, but here in NYC too.

Edit: Duh, forgot about the OP, the riding rig is pretty nice though. I'd dump the velcro in exchange for buttons, for quicker, and more importantly, quieter, access though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I keep an HK P7M8 in a MotoFizz waist pack (specialty motorcycling pack from Japan).

Zipper secured with velcro. The P7 has a huge trigger guard which works even with winter gloves, is decocked when not held tightly, is completely ambidexterous, has a good trigger for a European weapon, and has no protrusions or sharp corners which could pose more of a hazard in a get-off. I carry it for left-hand deployment when riding, and of course practice shooting left handed quite extensively.

Downside is the 9 parabellum round is barely adequate, but it does meet rule #2 of a gunfight... "Have a gun".

(Rule #1 being, "Do not attend")

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you remember where you got the one in the top pic LMK.

·
Registered
412 Posts
lol... and he carrys an extra magazine, just incase... just incase a f'ing war breaks out and you have to shoot commies? Maybe just incase of an Alien invasion? Perhaps the 'terrorists' will swarm...

I can't imagine living in a society where average citizens felt the need to pack heat just to feel safe...

If I had to carry a weapon for safety, it would be something non-lethal... like a Bible or something.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never really saw the point of carrying every day. unless your super tiny and in East LA, you dont need one.

I carry under specific circumstances, IE, going to trenton to see some friends whose financial status isnt as lucky as mine, and happen to live in bad neighborhoods.

But I'd never wear that manpurse for a pistol, too easy to steal. a scooter or motorcycle, 2 guys on it, 1 drives, the other uses a razorblade to steal the purse, or in this case, gun. I've seen it done, mostly in italy, but here in NYC too.

Edit: Duh, forgot about the OP, the riding rig is pretty nice though. I'd dump the velcro in exchange for buttons, for quicker, and more importantly, quieter, access though.

Yeah well I thought the same thing as far as not really needing to carry unless I was going to a bad area as well. A couple years ago though, it seemed as though the bad areas were just coming to me. I don't live in a rough part of town at all, but there was a murder in my apartments. I saw someone suspicious as I was walking to my girlfriends place. He was across the way and I just had a bad feeling when I saw him. I walked up and not more than a couple minutes later we heard 3 shots, see that guy running the direction I had just been walking in and a man laying in the parking lot. The guy didn't take anything and in fact was there only to visit some friends. He had gifts in his hand because it had been his birthday a few days earlier.

At the time I was working at a small store in a pretty nice area and one day I heard a couple shots in a the parking garage. Turns out some guy was trying to rob/kidnap a woman and she was shot as she was trying to escape her vehicle since he jumped in with her.

Just down the road from there a teacher was shot and killed in a gas station for no reason at all. She was vacuuming her car out when a man she didn't know just came up behind her and shot her in the head. He didn't take anything and didn't know her.

All this happened within a couple weeks of one another. Since that time it has been the ole' saying "better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol... and he carrys an extra magazine, just incase... just incase a f'ing war breaks out and you have to shoot commies? Maybe just incase of an Alien invasion? Perhaps the 'terrorists' will swarm...

I can't imagine living in a society where average citizens felt the need to pack heat just to feel safe...

If I had to carry a weapon for safety, it would be something non-lethal... like a Bible or something.
That is fine and I respect YOUR choice not to carry. I have my own beliefs and choose to. Just because I carry automatically means I am a right wing nut job? Commies?

I am not saying that the area I live in is a warzone but like I said above, we have had our problems.

If the "armor of christ" works for you... have at it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I hope that by Trenton, you don't mean Trenton, NJ because unless you're a cop or someone with political connections, CCW is not permitted in NJ.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is fine and I respect YOUR choice not to carry. I have my own beliefs and choose to. Just because I carry automatically means I am a right wing nut job? Commies?

I am not saying that the area I live in is a warzone but like I said above, we have had our problems.

If the "armor of christ" works for you... have at it.
It's not just the thought of normal people carrying, it's the thought of NON-TRAINED people carrying guns around that's scary. Can you tell the different in a split second between a bystander running away from shots and a suspect? I don't even trust cops to decide when it's alright to discharge their firearms, and I'll be damned if every common citizen is given that right. More guns on the streets, regardless of who carries them, means more violence.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hand guns are illegal here in Canada. If they were legal, I might consider carrying; but only because guns are cool...

I doubt I'd ever need it, as I've never had a situation in my entire life where a hand gun would have made any differance at all to the outcome of a conflict other than making it worse.

I'm thankful that I live in an area that's populated with peaceful ppl, for the most part. The only ppl that get shot around here are drug dealers and gang members, and they just shoot each other mostly.

K

·
0 Posts
It's not just the thought of normal people carrying, it's the thought of NON-TRAINED people carrying guns around that's scary.
what kind of TRAINING are you talking about? Combat training? Competency training? what?

Can you tell the different in a split second between a bystander running away from shots and a suspect?
why would it matter? if they are running away, you're not supposed to draw on them. If they are advancing, or continuing an attack, those people are usually pretty darn easy to spot.

I don't even trust cops to decide when it's alright to discharge their firearms, and I'll be damned if every common citizen is given that right.
if you're a criminal and you've gotten caught in the act and you've got a gun, you've had it in your head that you NEEDED it to pull it off. chances are, you're ready to use it, and you're panicked to boot. An individual like that is emotionally unstable, and is armed. You're telling me that it's better to sweet talk him? what the hell? SHOOT HIS ASS.

More guns on the streets, regardless of who carries them, means more violence.
ha! that's a load of crap... say you're a criminal looking to assault someone in their home. you choose two homes. one you KNOW there are no weapons in the home. the other you're sure there is, and you know that they have every right to put you in the ground because you've heard it all over the news and radio about home owners or victims killing their assailants. which one would you choose? say both of them are armed under the same conditions above. would you bother to commit the crime at all?

bible thumping lovers are all the same.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Get shot at a couple times and it will change your outlook!

I know the next time I get shot at, I won't be the only one!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
LOL hell yea knight! What a load of **** that is! LOL

Guns in the hands of people legally, isn't the problem! It's the ones that aren't legal that are the problem and those are the ones that aren't going to admit it!

I carry and I am 100%, I have a Florida CWL!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts