Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have An 04 With 1500 Miles On It. Two Bros Carbon Exhaust, Zg Windscreen, Hotbodies Flush Mounts, Eurobikes Undertail Kit, Did 520 Conversion With Vortex Sprickets....

There Is A Brand New 06 In The Local Shop That Is Awesome. The Shop Says It Will Take My Bike And 3 Grand For It. Is That Worth It? Or Should I Keep Mine?

I Keep Hearing Folks Saying The 06's Are Way Better Than The 04's. How Much Better Are They?

Thanks Guys For Your Input
O2

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd say wait for the '07, it'll probably be available by November or December - maybe sooner. Your choice, I'm waiting!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But By Then Ill Want An 08...then An 09.....when Will It End????

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it were me i would take my mods off and trade.Ebay the mods.I had an 04 that got totaled and i got the 05.The 04 was a good bike but the 05 is much better.Plus if you do trade in on an 07 your 06 trade in will be worth more than the 04 trade in.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The 06 is the same as the 05, so it's not like it's a newer completely insane bike. The dealership just wants your money.
If it were me, i'd wait to see what honda does is 07. And you're not going to want an 08 right after that, because honda won't change the bike in 08.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I would not, remember you have already enjoyed the majority of the deprecation on your bike. The dealer just wants to move units. Do you really want to spend 3k on just the bike and then have to spend another 2k on upgrades.

Enjoy what you have, and in a few years you will really want a new bike.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
slvrblckrr said:
The 06 is the same as the 05, so it's not like it's a newer completely insane bike. The dealership just wants your money.
If it were me, i'd wait to see what honda does is 07. And you're not going to want an 08 right after that, because honda won't change the bike in 08.
+1 when honda comes out with the 07 hopefully there will some nice upgrades from the 06 but then they will leave the bikes the same for a couple of years. Then you will trade your 07 in for like a 10 or soemthing. I will be selling my 05 for the 07 if they have some nice upgrades

·
Registered
888 Posts
keep the bike you have now
looks like you already put a ton of work into it
if you get the 05/06, then you'll wind up modding that too, thats extra $ you will be spending
just my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts