Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A rather unfortunate thing has happend. My 10 year old rottweiler has just passed away. It's been very hard to accept that. I still dont understand why he had to go now. But as a tribute to him i am having my bike custom painted. Right now i have an 04 black rr with the silver honda wings. Those will be comming off and in place a picture of my dog smiling like he has always. He shall be with me while I ride. (DIT) I just wanted some opinions on somehting. I have thought of two other places to put the picture. Either on the front where the windscreen goes and meets the plastic or on the rear plastic of the bike?

C

·
0 Posts
Oh man. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I've had 2 rottweilers and they are the best, most loyal dogs ever. RIP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear about his passing. Put the picture where you imagine he'd want to be. For my two mutts, I'm sure they'd want to be up front drooling over the rest of the bike. Be sure to post pics with the finished product.

Again, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Im taking this pretty hard he was the best dog I've ever know. To dcbr your right i think he'd like to be up front with me. Hopefull i can get this done soon. I'll definatley post pics. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Damn! I am so sorry for your loss. Like CV said, they are the most loyal dogs ever! It's been almost a year since I lost my Mama. Don't know how hard you're taking it, but keep your head up. It hit me hard when Mama passed. Anyway, as far as the paintjob, I think you should do something similar to the little dog graphic Rossi had on his RC211v between the seat and passenger seat.

Check your PM, too.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Give me a few secs to find it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
This is the best pic I could find. It's a graphic of his English Bulldog between the seats.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for doin that. I still think im going to put it on the side of the bike. My loyal companion at my side when i ride.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I had to have my Dalmation put to sleep about two weeks ago, that was one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life. I have had him for about 8 years and he was so damn loyal, I still miss him alot. I am sorry for your loss.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
sorry for the unfortunate passing of your dog i have been there befor... how ever i think he should be on the front so it looks like he is riding the bike with you not next to you, but the side would look sweet as well

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog, I am sure it must be a loss for the whole family as dogs always become part of one. I am sure he had a wondeful ten years. I would put the picture on the tank, so he can always be close to your heart. Start the picture above the gas cap.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
as proud master of two PBT's, i feel your pain.

at least he's in doggie heaven. now he'll have all the bones, socks, towels, shoes, and doggie chewables he can get his canines on.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I lost my golden of 16 years about 3 years ago. He was always my loyal companion. It was really sad, but he was so old that I had already prepared myself for his passing.

I was dogless since then, up until 3 weeks ago when I picked up a new best friend. He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback and it feels great to have a dog in my life again. Here is my new buddy, Bauer!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
wow this sucks, sorry to hear that man...i remember when my shih tsus both passed away...i kinda just shut down for some time and didnt really wanna do anything...RIP to your dog

·
Registered
771 Posts
i'm sorry too. i have a girlfriend and a sister both with 2 dogs each so i dont have one of my own but i know how attached people can get to their dogs. i love all 4 of those guys very much and it's hard to even think about what it'd be like to not see them anymore. it's almost as bad as losing your child, i suspect.

keep your head up, bro.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts