-Removed burned out running light
-Removed all fairings
-Cleaned all fairings individually
-Removed exhaust to make room for the Leo Vince
-Adjusted levers to my liking
-Adjusted throttle cable
-Removed the mirrors that BUG ME

Not a bad day's work!

As she sits now. Pics again when she's pretty :)

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
awesome, great job. Its a good feeling to accomplish something on your own. Getting it all back together in once peice is the next fun part..lol

I was real timid to do anything on my bike when I first got it b/c I was so used to working on cars and not bikes. Now its like nothing to take the plastics off and do other things. Its funny b/c myself and a few friends put on my FE Kit and my blinkers about a week ago and when it came to taking the tail section off they wanted nothing to do w/ it, I was like Ohhh just reef on it , it comes right off..lol they were like no way you do it. They thought for sure it was going to break but I was like damn dont worry it wont break, Ive done this enough times already.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
nice schwing. very thourough with the plastics. can't wait to see it back together.

went with "it" didn't know if your calling it a guy or gal! haha

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I adjusted the throttle cable because I had to twist all the way down just to get any response. 17,000 miles and I don't think the throttle cable had been adjusted...

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah I forgot. I removed the gauges so my friend and I can put in the new LEDs. White gas gauge and speedo, and blue tach :) yay

·
Registered
155 Posts
Schwing said:
Oh yeah I forgot. I removed the gauges so my friend and I can put in the new LEDs. White gas gauge and speedo, and blue tach :) yay
I want one of those.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I'm adding you as a myspace friend ;) Good luck with the mods. Definitely post some post-op pics :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow. Cool. Well have fun modding the crap outta your bike and just don't do what I do: put the whole thing back together and have a few "extra" screws sitting around while you wonder, "now where were these supposed to go?"

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Dang Schwing! Turn the drip down on the Starbucks IV. If you do it all now, you'll have nothing to work on later. :D I did like the comment on the landing lights up front though.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics will be up tomorrow and the bike will be completed... for now. Desoldering of the gauges begins today and LEDs might start going in. Leo Vince is confirmed to arrive tomorrow :)

She's going back together so I can ride around for a while and when I recover financially from the pipe the 520 conversion is next.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts