Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 2000 F4 for the past 9 months and wound up selling it a couple weeks ago and buying an 06 600RR the next day. Figured I'd take this opportunity to show off my new ride and introduce myself here.

Picked her up from Honda of Charlotte, NC.

-4,986 miles.
-Flush mounts, fender eliminator, and integrated tail light all were installed by the PO.
-Very clean
-Runs amazing

What a difference from the F4... I rode it the 200 miles from the dealer back home to Lynchburg, VA (on a beautiful sunny and warm winter day by the way) and since it was mostly highway, only had a small taste of the turning abilities of this thing... but it tasted GOOD. A sweeping right hand turn on a long exit ramp was all I needed to realize that this thing was made to turn. The effort it takes to bring it into a curve is so minimal compared to that of the F4, it's amazing. It's my first really nice bike that was in great shape when I bought it, so I'm pretty stoked about it.

I went out of town the day after I bought it and came back to freezing weather, so I haven't had a chance to ride it since riding it home from the dealership. I can't wait for it to warm up again so I can get to know my new steed. So I'll get to the part everyone cares about... pictures... Thanks for looking and I can't wait to hang out and make use of all the awesome info and stuff on this site!

Don't mind the jacket... it's left over from the black/yellow F4.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paid $6300 OTD. Pretty sweet deal for the low miles and considering it's really clean and has nearly everything done to it that I would have done to it (integrated tail light, flush mounts).

All I want to do to it is a new exhaust... which will probably not come for a while, as the wife is probably cutting my motorcycle spending funds after dropping the cash on the bike itself...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha i knew someone was gonna ask that...

i'm somewhere around 6'4" and yea, i guess i kinda dwarf the bike. oh well, more power to throw it around. :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and Welcome to the Forum!! :wave:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all the compliments!

the flush mounts... i don't know what brand, they were installed by the PO. i love em though.

the power difference... honestly, the first time i rode it was the last time i rode it... it's been in a friend's garage since then and i actually haven't even seen it so i hope it's still there. haha

anyway, i didn't feel like the first ride was the time to open it up and see what it'll do power-wise. i need to get used to it before i do anything like that, and getting used to it requires riding it, so GO AWAY COLD WEATHER.

compared to the F4 though, it felt extremely smooth as far as shifting and acceleration. one of my friends (who rides an 03 zx6r) rode it and described it as "very solid". i think solid is a good description.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts