Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temp hit 42 and the water on the streets was minimal so I said "what the heck", kissed the wife, and took the bike out. Last time I rode was Dec 17th. Saw one guy and his old lady on an HD who were smiling from ear to ear. Rode for an hour and it felt so good to finally breath.
Now I just have to wait for another good fix. You bastards in warmer weather better be enjoying it and be safe.
"Crash"

·
Registered
199 Posts
Funny you started a post about this. I didn't think about it this way, but today was my first ride of 2010 also. Weather in New Jersey was sunny and about 45 degrees.

I broke out my Shoei RF-1100 helmet that I got for Christmas and went for a nice ride. Had a good time.

Still have to install my Woodcraft frame sliders and spools. I”ll do that when it gets a bit warmer.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mine was yesterday

We've had non stop snow (havent been on the bike in 2 months :sad3:) ...finally hit 48 degrees and clear roads yesterday

Went out for almost an hour....better than sex

That's right I said it !!!! Hahahaha :crackup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I saw people out today but there's way to much sand on the road for me right now. The temp might be right but not the conditions... having bald tires doesn't help either

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Hell yea! I got out for a few hours today as well. It felt so great to be back on it.

As far as rider comradeship goes, this is the best time of the year. Every other bike that you pass is happy just to see another bike out in this time of year and you get the enthusiastic wave and grin every time.

I went out for a good long ride, then took it to the car wash to rinse the salt and other grime that's been building up off, took it home and wiped it down real well. Polished it all up and put it away sitting pretty for the next decent day we get!

·
Registered
237 Posts
My "first" ride of 2010 was when I got back Jan 5th from Minot, went for a quick ride that nite @3X degree's...then rode to work the next 3 days when it was below 25. But yesterday it was 66 out so yea I went out for an actual ride ^_^ raining 2day though :(

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
yesterday was also my first ride. i did 250 miles.. like 5 hour ride. it was awesome.. i got lost, went on a highway, foiund my way back home with no help at all..

·
Registered
625 Posts
i rode yesterday and today as well. finally not freezing and in the 60s now. should be able to ride to class starting tues cant wait!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
haha, you don't count. ur in SoCal lol. While the entire country was freezin over you guy's and Hawaii were the only ones to stay nice n toasty :gun1:
Well if it makes you feel any better, it is now raining and expected to rain the whole week haha :(. Sure jinxed myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Today was my first ride of the new year as well! Tomorrow is gonna be sunny and 62 and i have the day off! I get to ride all day!!! :toothy4:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts