Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up fellas? i just finished the msf basic rider course sunday and yesterday morning i went to the dmv with my certificate and got my "m" endorsement. yesterday around 4:00 i took my first ride on real streets, and man is it incredible. i ended up riding for about 1.5 hours and then came home for dinner. then, at like 7:00 i went out for another 1.5 hours and hit the freeway for the first time. riding is simply incredible, i'm definitely hooked and hoping the weather will be nice for the next several days. the only thing that bothered me was i kept forgetting to turn the damn turn signals off. other than that, the cagers seemed pretty decent and the roads were clear. i'm hoping to buy a sportbike this summer but for now i'm riding my dad's '03 sv650. its a pretty decent bike and i like the torque.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The SV650 is an awesome bike. Thats what I will more than likely replace my nighthawk 750 with down the road.

Congrats and be safe.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The SV650 is a really decent bike. Now go out and get yourself a 600RR, be carefull, and make all the Gixxers, YZF's, and Ninjas jelous. Well maybe not the ZX-10. Rode ont of those at the dealer the other day. Very nice, not quit as stable as the RR, but maybe thats just cause Im used to the Honda. Not recomended for your first bike though. Congrats!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
if i were you, i'd try to take ur dad's SV as ur first bike... very good bike... as a matter of fact, i want one.. LOL...

·
Registered
504 Posts
true

Exelon20 said:
The SV650 is a really decent bike. Now go out and get yourself a 600RR, be carefull, and make all the Gixxers, YZF's, and Ninjas jelous. Well maybe not the ZX-10. Rode ont of those at the dealer the other day. Very nice, not quit as stable as the RR, but maybe thats just cause Im used to the Honda. Not recomended for your first bike though. Congrats!!!!!!!!
That ZX10 definitely is no beginner bike. The things as light as the 600rr and incredibly powerful. My 03 600rr is my first bike and to me it's the perfect bike. I didnt take the MSF course just learned from friends that have been riding for over 10 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually, the 600rr is my dream bike and i'll hopefully be getting one in a couple of months. however, i'm going to get a little experience on the sv so that i won't have as much to learn when i get the rr. i've taken the msf class, but before i get the rr i want to at least be comfortable with traffic, turning, and low speed maneuvers on the sv. this way, if i fall i won't damage a bunch of plastic. by the way, are there still some '03 rr's left around. i personally like the all black '03 colorway the best and if i could save some money on last year's model that would be an even bigger bonus. there's just something about all black...it's so stealthy. how much for an '03 all black out the door?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah, smart way to go. I trade bikes like a madman but it helped me get to be decently competent. When I got back into riding, went from a buell blast (shut up) to a vstar 650 to a roadstar 1600 to a vstrom (great bike) to a warrior 1700 to an aprilia capo nord to the almighty 600rr.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Aint it great. I see people in their cages trapped like little hamsters and think to myself how great it is to be on my bike. My Beautiful sexy bike that is :cool:

·
Registered
327 Posts
wow you have a cool dad eh? If i ever have a son.. I would never let that kid touch my bike. Especially his FIRST bike! I will throw him on an old F2 or something.. ahahha..

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
redrider said:
actually, the 600rr is my dream bike and i'll hopefully be getting one in a couple of months. however, i'm going to get a little experience on the sv so that i won't have as much to learn when i get the rr. i've taken the msf class, but before i get the rr i want to at least be comfortable with traffic, turning, and low speed maneuvers on the sv. this way, if i fall i won't damage a bunch of plastic. by the way, are there still some '03 rr's left around. i personally like the all black '03 colorway the best and if i could save some money on last year's model that would be an even bigger bonus. there's just something about all black...it's so stealthy. how much for an '03 all black out the door?
Always glad to here about someone going into this the right way... MSF, practice bike and then the RR. I did it just the oposite way as you but some of it was not by choice (long story). So yeah, you still can get a 03 black RR, infact here in PA I know where one is. I would look to pay 75-8g OTD... Some will tell you less but really, its all where you at. Shop around and see what you can come up with.

Be safe & good luck!
Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
typeshx98, my dad is a pretty cool guy. this is his first bike, so i guess he has pity for me since he's been a beginner also. we were actually both gonna chip in and buy a 600rr when it first came out but we got busy and the msf course was difficult to get into so he got the sv650 after some people in the msf course had good things to say about it. i guess he's gonna keep the sv for a couple more months and then he's going to buy my uncle's st1100 since he likes commuting on the bike to work and i'm gonna get an rr.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thats a cool dad right there. Glad to see you didn't start with a crotch rocket as well, its a smart way to do it and I am sure you will have even more fun since you will already be comfortable. Maybe it will help quell the urge to do something stupid as well lol. Be safe though, just when you think cars are paying attention, you get hurt. I have two friends in the hospital from this weekend from two seperate accidents and neither of them were at fault. One broken collar bone and one with four pins in his left leg. Both hit by SUV's. :evil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts