Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im so pumped right now that i had to share it with you guys. I rode my first sport bike ever!! GSXR 750. It was bigger then what im wanting, which is a '05 600rr, but a friend loaned it to us and said to try it out. It was great. I didnt leave the high school parking lot and only got up to about 20 mph in 2nd gear but for me that was enough for now. I rode twice. Once during the day light and once at night. I rode nice and easy and had all of my gear on. My fiance said i didnt need it b/c i was going to be driving at low speeds but I told him that even 5mph can cause a mellon some damage. So like I said, I wore it all. Anyways, I just wanted to share the news. Im still planning on riding in the same lot when i get my bike for a while. Im just 10 times more excited about getting it now. lol

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
officerbrat said:
dont quite understand what you mean
it's a Chris Rock line, like drugs, the first taste hooks ya, that's why it usually comes cheap, they make the money when you come back. thus they get ya on the come back.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Exactly- Bought my 1st bike in 97 without a real desire, and since then if I have the choice, it's definitely the bike- You experience a freedom & rush that you just don't get anywhere else...

·
Registered
254 Posts
dblaahhh6 said:
Exactly- Bought my 1st bike in 97 without a real desire, and since then if I have the choice, it's definitely the bike- You experience a freedom & rush that you just don't get anywhere else...
Amen. I sold my Firehawk b/c of my bike...the car just wasn't as fun once I'd been on the bike :icon_lol:

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Yea, i agree, i got my first bike last year and i hope to god that nothing ever happens and i have to be left without a bike, my bike completes me.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
If your from a small town in Kansas, Find some nice deserted back roads to practice on. You can only do so much in a parking lot. Have fun and when do you pick up the RR?

·
Registered
557 Posts
God you guys make me feel old.....my first bike was a brand new 1969 Honda 50! I was 9 years old and have been riding ever since. Congrats on the first ride and wearing your gear is just smart. Have fun, take a rider safety course and wear your gear.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive already completed my msf course. i should be getting my rr in about 3 weeks but to me that is not soon enough. i wanted it bad before but now i just cant stand not having it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
congrats on poppin' ur cherry :)
yup.. what someone said, you're not gonna wanna drive ur cage anymore.. and welcome to the addiction and get a 2nd job now...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
already have a second job. thats how im going to be able to afford the bikes. yes bikes. we are getting two of them.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
officerbrat said:
already have a second job. thats how im going to be able to afford the bikes. yes bikes. we are getting two of them.
LOL... good luck... and just dont say 2 bikes... coz most likely, if ur like me, you'll end up buying more than that...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
went out again this morning for a couple of rides. i am so hooked. its going to be hell not having my own for a while. like having an itch that you cant quite reach yet. lol

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
kansas

What part of Kansas? I was up there for the past 2 weeks(Clay Center) and I was dying not having my bikes with me, so much open road!!!! I got aggrivated everytime I saw a bike out on the road

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im in south central kansas. just south east of wichita about 25 mins. its not bad. there is alot of open road that looks to be fun but im still just putting around town. our friend let us have the bike through the weekend. so every chance i get, im hopping on it and taking it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts