Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS THIS SATURDAY! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO

I'm not gonna have to worry about a guard rail!

I'm not gonna have to worry about on coming cars, or bikes at that.

I'm gonna have confidence that the road surface is free of debris and deff. not sabotaged by some locals.

ahh I've ridden Palomar Mountain many times, I've had 3 close calls which left me screaming inside my helmet and shortly after leaving to go back home...in once piece.

Im not saying I wont be back, but I love life, I love living it on the edge. But sometimes when too many elements are not in my control its time to realise what your doing needs to change, did I say STOP RIDING!?!?! HELL NO, im taking it to the track.

Willow Springs, cant wait.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cool, I can't wait to hit up a track for the first time. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
So excited for you man!

I just met a few guys this Sat. @ Buttonwillow doing their very first trackday. They rode streets/canyons for the longest time and finally decided to hit the track. They were asking me all kinds of questions - prepping, what to expect, etc.

Towards the end of our conversation, I told them, "After this trackday, you'll never look at streets/canyons the same way. You'll be hooked on trackdays!" And they kinda looked at me like "Yeah, okay...doubtful...we're just here for one trackday."

At the end of the day I checked up on them and asked them how their first time on the track was and this is what they said with a huge grin on their face, "Dood it was awesome!!!...I'm sure I'll see you again at the track!"

LOL!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I hear.... ill just have to make myself afford it more regularly. That way I cant make an excuse to hit the canyon.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Gl you will become a addict now. Be safe ride at your own pace and drink a lot of water and have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I hate you!!! j/k, wish I could hit the track myself. Funds are insufficient though. Live it up for me!

·
Registered
306 Posts
You will not be disappointed. I did my first one at fontana at beginning of this month. i'm going back end of the month too. you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
So excited for you man!

I just met a few guys this Sat. @ Buttonwillow doing their very first trackday. They rode streets/canyons for the longest time and finally decided to hit the track. They were asking me all kinds of questions - prepping, what to expect, etc.

Towards the end of our conversation, I told them, "After this trackday, you'll never look at streets/canyons the same way. You'll be hooked on trackdays!" And they kinda looked at me like "Yeah, okay...doubtful...we're just here for one trackday."

At the end of the day I checked up on them and asked them how their first time on the track was and this is what they said with a huge grin on their face, "Dood it was awesome!!!...I'm sure I'll see you again at the track!"

LOL!

This statement is 100% true. I rode the Dragon over the weekend...It sucked. All you see are the rocks and drop offs. Give me a track with runoff and corner workers any day.

You are going to love the track man. Ask lots of questions of the control riders. They are there to help. Be smooth, don't worry about going fast. Fast comes naturally after a while. Drink plenty of water, stretch out before you ride, and get plenty of sleep beforehand.

You know what they say: Once you go track, you never go back.

·
05/10 BOTM
583 Posts
Did my first trackday within a year and a half of riding on the road. Within another year, got a full time trackbike. Another 2 years, no more street riding apart from my trustee scooter.
You'll be on first name basis with your bank manager in no time.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
That's awesome!!! post up pix and reviews!!! We want to hear about it! :D

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I'm happy for you to make this move. You won't regret it.

I didn't know a lot of folks here going to Buttonwillow. I'm a T-Hill kind of guy, never been to buttonwillow, but hopefully soon. Is there a "600rr.net" track group somewhere?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sooo, a week ago Saturday was the day! So ya, counting the days till the next track day! Might even start racing 125s but we'll see about all that.

Ditch the canyons, go to the track...

I've never gone into turns so fast and hard or got so sideways that i dragged through 2 corners. Its awsome, the control riders are the SHITTTT, How bout that, a personal tutor, He bumped me up to group B and said he'd find me. Sure enough the next 2 sessions he was my one on one.

Its totaly worth it, 120$ doesn't even seem that much after you spent a whole day having a blast not worring about police, guard rails, cliffs, on comming traffic, or the ones that go so slow infront of us. Just a racetrack.

Anyways, I hope this inspires some people to get off the canyons, its just not worth it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts