Sepang F1 Circuit

My 600RR

For the first time..Drag my knee ;) exhilarating moment

Toe slider

Tyres damage

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Sick sick sick! And you're on an orange 08'.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
congrats, you have just popped your trackday cherry!

welcome to the addiction!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The experience ! Awesome!!!

Done 15 laps ..15 turns per lap..I was like going crazy whacking every single turn

Seriously look forward for next session..freakin' awesome

Thanks guys ;)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
1st pic reminds me of Gran Turismo for Playstation haha

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
+1, I can't believe your first track day was at Sepang..... Welcome to the crack, I mean track addiction....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Wow! Your first day at a world class racing circuit! Well done! Glad it went well!!:banger:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all comments & tip..will improve in the next track outing

might need a better tyre ;)

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
Thanks for all comments & tip..will improve in the next track outing

might need a better tyre ;)
you'll benefit more from a dialed in suspension than slapping on stickier tires.

i suggest using street/track tires first & keep tuning your stock suspension until you max it out then upgrade to better suspension (Ohlins, WP, Bitubo).

only when you can slide the street/track tires at your command should you upgrade to a more track oriented rubber.

since you're in Malaysia & Singapore is just a few hours away give HKL Racing a try & buy some Ohlins from them. we get our stuff mostly from Singapore.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Overrev..Thanks ;) I'm planning to shop at Singapore this month..most recommended is Ohlins

My current rubber is Pirelli Rosso ..should be fine?

Sorry no pict taking turns..hehehe

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
Overrev..Thanks ;) I'm planning to shop at Singapore this month..most recommended is Ohlins

My current rubber is Pirelli Rosso ..should be fine?

Sorry no pict taking turns..hehehe
your current tires should be fine as long as you don't exceed yours & the tire's limits, street tires will teach you good throttle control, i've been using nothing but street tires (regular PP's) for the last 4yrs until i switched to DOT race tires (Power Race) this year. but during those years i was using street tires i was tuning & upgrading my suspension to the get the most grip & life out of the street tires i was using but then came the time i was now sliding my street tires powering out of the corners so it was now the perfect time to use stickier more track oriented tires.

you must get accustomed to the sliding first, street tires slide at lower corner speeds compared to DOT race tires, street tires heat up quicker & you can push them hard for 4laps before they start to go off so back off when they do start sliding. DOT race tires take some time to get hot & you'll need to be fast to keep them hot or else they won't stick at all.

how many psi (cold) do you run your Rosso's? you could try 31psi front & 28-29psi rear for starters.

Press ENTER to look up in Wiktionary or CTRL+ENTER to look up in Wikipedia

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow...4 years street tyres on track ! Respect respect...

I had one minor tyre slide inside turn...that was my 4th or 5th lap. So then I pit...thought that I reached the tyre limit..Took a break for 15mint before my next outing

I was on 32/32

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
Wow...4 years street tyres on track ! Respect respect...

I had one minor tyre slide inside turn...that was my 4th or 5th lap. So then I pit...thought that I reached the tyre limit..Took a break for 15mint before my next outing

I was on 32/32
i see, you definitely need to lower your pressures to get more grip & have your stock suspension tuned while you're at it, makes a world of difference in grip & handling.

for such a big track i think you should limit yourself to 5laps maximum so you don't overheat your tires, was it the rear the slid? get used to that feeling, remember, stay calm, when it starts to slide a little DO NOTHING. don't roll off or chop the throttle, don't even roll on the throttle, those things will make it worse.

also i have seen that your toe sliders touch the track you must hang off the bike a little more to keep it upright so more tire is in contact with the track. work on your form it is the foundation where everything you do on the bike starts from.

good luck on your future trackdays & remember to not rush into things, it's better to finish the day & come back in 1 piece, not in pieces.

:ciao:

Press ENTER to look up in Wiktionary or CTRL+ENTER to look up in Wikipedia

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just noticed this side effect...after the trackday...whenever I'm turning to the left the tyre feel a bit funny @ approx 45 deg...feel like slippery but no problem with right turn

1 - 20 of 20 Posts