Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I park the bike, as I dismount and remove my weight from the front forks they will pop up. I have owned 2 other motorcycles and never experienced this. Sometimes it will be more aggressive. Like I will dismount the bike and stand next to it, about 2 seconds later the forks will pop up and make it seem like the bike is going to fall over. It seems like something is not lubricated properly and the forks are not sliding up slowly. However, when I am riding the suspension seems perfectly fine. If I sit on the bike and bounce the front end up and down the forks also seem to perform well. I have worked on my bikes before but nothing involving the forks. I am hoping this is an easy fix or maybe nothing is wrong. But if its something serious I would like to have a little background knowledge so I can explain this to a mechanic and not be toyed with as far as the extent of the work that needs to be done. Any help or insight would be much appreciated.(y)

·
Registered
197 Posts
How long have you owned the bike? Did you buy it new or is it used?

Fork tubes might be bent, get a straight edge on them (edge of a steel ruler) and see if they are straight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long have you owned the bike? Did you buy it new or is it used?

Fork tubes might be bent, get a straight edge on them (edge of a steel ruler) and see if they are straight.
I bought it used from a friend, he drove it for a season with no issues. I will check the first with a ruler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts