Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He had a 2001 f4i but had problems with it. The bike was hesitating alot so we changed the plugs even the coils and still did it. My other friend that works at sport honda said it needs a new 3rd piston or the head need replacing or something i forget what he said but i told him that we should find him a new bike. He didnt pay that much for it. It was his first bike so he didnt care that much and had it for a year and always seemed hesitant, engine broke up alot. We couldnt enjoy riding together that much with his bike like that and i told him instead of getting the engine fixed buy a rr or something newer. I have a 06 600rr orange tribal "which i love" and we ride alot with alot of people once in a while but mostly just me and him. I told him its time to get another bike man. Anyways i found him what i think was a really good deal was a 07 gsxr600 with 2000 miles on it mint condition. Has frame sliders jardine slip on and couple others. He wanted a 600rr like me too but they wanted 6000 for the gixxer. Well he sold his f4i for 1900 and i said i know you want a rr but this is a good deal and can try to get him lower than 6000 grand, mabey. We actually got the suzuki down to 5700. Thats a 07 Gsxr with 2000 miles on it nothing wrong with it with some mods all black paint for 5700, I said man jump on it. So he tested it and he's pleased than bought it.:shakehand Not a cbr600rr but man with this deal didnt want to pass it up. Anyways we been riding together and he's like man im glad i bought it. Now we can ride :thrasher:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
my choice was between the rr and the gixxer...narrowed it down and decision was made...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Squid title should go to R6, I've seen more squid on those than the gixxer.
Haha come to my college gsxr riders are like wait u mean shorts and tshirt isnt smart? at least some of the r6 riders have some gear and the only rr rider ive seen at least wears jeans and an a*s jacket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haha come to my college gsxr riders are like wait u mean shorts and tshirt isnt smart? at least some of the r6 riders have some gear and the only rr rider ive seen at least wears jeans and an a*s jacket.
yea i will have to second that, its the same way at asu

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I told him he could trade or sell it to get an rr but he said the gsxr is fine and he's likin it. he kinda just wants any bike that runs good and just wants to ride it. and me and him wear our full gear. I want to get them things that we can fit under our helmets so we can comunicate while riding.

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
That's a pretty good deal. If I were in your shoes, I would tell a friend the same thing. GSXR isn't a bad bike, it just has a bad reputation because of the squids that seem to ride them. If the RR was dominated by squid riders, they would say the same thing about Hondas...

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Your English is ****.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i find it hilarious that just because you ride a gixxer you dont wear gear. No one where i live wears gear. Kawi, Honda, Zuki, Yamaha, no one wears gear. Its not "what kind of bike you ride". Its what kind of rider you are. Stop hating on gixxer. I see more hondas around here with no gear that gixxers

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
5700 for K7 with 2K miles is a helluva deal. There is absolutley nothing wrong with the gix. I prefer the RR, but the gix is still a good bike....

He'll be happy after the sound of the last bike he had...and that is all that matters.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts