Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started up my bike and all the display is gone, RPM needle wont even go through power on test. when i unplug the grey harness in the left side, the clock goes away. so there is power, and when i plug it back in, the needle self tests then wont move. bike runs fine, starts fine, just no visial display. any suggestions besides unplug and replug all connectors and check fuses?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Did you have your bike dyno'd recently? They have to cut into a sensor wire to get an rpm reading, if so its possible the cut the wire by mistake.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
RedFireRR said:
Did you have your bike dyno'd recently? They have to cut into a sensor wire to get an rpm reading, if so its possible the cut the wire by mistake.
No one should be cutting anything for a dyno run. They should have a clip-on type lead (like the one used on a timing light) to get RPM's on the bike. Who cut yours?

·
Registered
323 Posts
check the plug behind the guage cluster. happen to me a couple of time when my gauge cut out on me when i landed hard on wheelies. what i did wat get a long screw driver and push the plug back into the gauge. that what you dont have to take the upper fairing out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.