Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, many of you know I went from a cbr 600rr to a 2003 636 due to theft. Yesterday i got to experience some twisties and finally feel the bike and what it can do. Keep in mind i'm not fully accustomed to the bike yet also.
For looks we all know nothing can beat the cbr 600rr. The inverted forks look sharp (but doesn't feel special), but it still lacks the center up exhaust and braced swingarm. The rear of the Ninja does look nice and modern, but the front looks like a guppy or something. I have the black whick looks pretty nice with a nice sparkle. Also of note the Honda does have slightly better fit and finish. Better fitting parts, etc...
maintence will be much easier. All brake fluid reservoirs are easy to get to. Also no fairings have to be removed to get to the oil drain plug. Radiator fluid is easy to get to and also change.
The over all feel of the bike is quite different. It is more raw and meaner sounding. The engine sounds more like a locomotive than the turbine sounds of the cbr600rr.
Riding the bike is a different feeling. Ergonomics are very similar to the honda, except the pegs feel slightly higher. The bike turns easier than the cbr, although slightly more twitchy feeling---maybe less stable?????? not sure yet. At accelereation the bars wobble slightly more ofter because o fthe front end getting light. And for you stunters---- Wheelies are too damn easy!!!! It's insane. However it is very controllabe. If you don't want to wheelie it won't. Let off the gas and back on hard and up it comes though. in second sometimes too. Over all I really like the way it handles, maybe more than the cbr--it's that good! As far as braking goes, I honestly can't tell a differnce with the Kawasaki's radial brakes over the cbr's conventional set up. Maybe the track will tell the difference.
overall it's a great bike, Highly recomend as a street or track bike (I have my first track day June 14 at Jennings). I'll keep you updated as to how it performs on the track too. Take care, 56.

V

·
0 Posts
Nice! Glad you like it. Did you post pics of it already?? How do you like that digital tach? I know I would hate the thing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats cool man, it sounds like your really enjoying it, even though your not on a Honda anymore. I think those Kaws look pretty nice. To each his own. Keep the rubber side down.

C

·
0 Posts
I rode one too but disliked the tank shape and handle bar position..

·
Registered
393 Posts
My best friend has a blue '03 and I got to put about 50 miles (during the break-in period :() on it. I like that you can read the dash easier, and the rawness that is always Kawi.

But I like my CBR600RR much more! :bounce:

·
Registered
347 Posts
rode one too but disliked the tank shape and handle bar position
same here, i test drove all the 600 class when i got my bike and the ninja 636 did not fit me as well as the RR, it did feel better than the r6. i liked the looks and the price, but know i'm happy with what i got. my black RR...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I really like the looks of the bike minus the digital tach, how is that for you? I looked at them as well prior to purchasing my current bike since I decided to stop being brand loyal to Suzuki. I just got a better interest rate with Honda :p. I hope you enjoy it, it looks like a great bike.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am going to be getting one for my wife in December time frame. She fits onto it better than any other bike I have had her sit on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's kinda cool to be able to brag about being able to pop it up easier since this implies more power, however I real reason that we can't get our fronts up as easy is due to weight distribution. So for those who like to race, hence the RR (race ready), it's ideal, but for us street riders it requires a bit more effort to be up on one. Either way the 636 is a great bike. Enjoy it...hopefully that one isn't stolen too!!

Mike

·
Monkey works will work for you :)
1,679 Posts
56cbr600rr,

Congrats on the bike and thanks for the write up, tired of reading magazines that dont tell the full truth anyway. I recommend that you check out the full Arata system for your new 636, I saw one on a blue 636 and it looked and sounded sick. Let us in on more details as you ride her more.

Rowski

·
Registered
688 Posts
get a muzzy! dont know about the power they give but the sound is pure sex. ninja 6r + muzzy = best sounding 600

1 - 16 of 16 Posts