Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i find out from my mom(who works for my insurance company) that the ppl who process everything didnt realize my bike is a sports bike so once my renewal comes up im gonna go from paying a little under 1000 bucks a year to nearly 2000......how could they mess that up considering they have the VIN and all the specs on the bike......sucks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow thats sh**ty dude...cant you get some kind of better discount since your mom works for them? You have to have full coverage or you allowed to get whatever coverage you want?

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Does your insurance card have the correct bike on it?
Other than that I have no idea how can they mess it up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It should all be VIN based - anything else is the company's fault. As long as you gave them the correct VIN you're covered for your current policy, after that though I don't know if there are any limits to how high they can jack up your rate. If you haven't had any points or incidents there may be some kind of law preventing an excessive increase, may want to look into it.

Or plan B - switch insurance companies. I don't care if your Mom works for them if their screwing you on insurance it's time to switch.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Check out State Farm or AAA - all they seem to care about is engine CC's, maybe some of the smaller firms too. Bundled insurance is really where it's at, if you have a car too you should be able to get some really good rates.

Geico wanted 1800 to add my bike - I got the whole damn policy from AAA for that (2 Cars, Bike + Renters, all full coverage) so definitly shop around. I got quotes as high as what I paid for the bike just for a freaking year of coverage :evil3:

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
If you're in Cali I would recommend State Farm. I got full coverage for $342 every 6 months. My second recommendation would be AAA.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
This pertains to full coverage on my Truck.
I couldn't even afford to think about bike ins.

23, single male.
I am sooo fukced w/ insurance right now.
Was $168/mo. went up bout $100 less than 3 months ago, just got the new policy for a whopping $447 mo. (multi line, and renters discounts incl.)
(That's right about what the last quote I got for my bike was)

Had a pretty gnarly 2 car accident and got ticketed bout two years ago and the sh!t finally hit the fan. Gay thing is thats the only blemish on my abstract.
I know it's my fault, but god damn that's crazy. I know people with High Risk that don't pay close to that.

My agent was like "Holy sheet that's high" and had no idea why.
She told me her underwiter blown away by the quote too.
I've been with those pricks since 16 and they decide to add a surcharge to my policy. Recession?? Not for them...

So, I'm selling my truck to mums and buying an older rig to save some $, get out of debt, and buy a house eventually.

Thank you State Farm for helping me re-think my plan of attack. But...
Fukc You State Farm for raping me in the butt.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
\Bundled insurance is really where it's at, if you have a car too you should be able to get some really good rates.
:evil3:
i have everything through them so i get the bundle package now....car/bike/health/and life insurance.....my card has the correct bike on there which is why i was confused as to how they "missed it".....idk, its just a bunch of crap.

Ive check around with other companies but they are averaging around the same price that they are trying to jack me up to

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Theoretically everything should be linked to VIN but thats not how all insurance co's work. As long as the model is correct on your insurance documentation you are OK for the rest of the term. Sounds like instead of them screwing you, you got a years worth of cheaper insurance due to their error. Time to shop around...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go PROGRESSIVE!!! they are so awesome to deal with.

I have my car and bike with them so multi policies help.

I am 26, but my record is "spotless" that plays a big role in the cost.

I pay 450 full coverage for a year on my bike, and 200 for 6 months on my car. and my deductables are 250 on the bike and 100 on the car. I love it, biggest payoff is the clean record.

But I would give them a call.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Using the saying "full coverage" is misleading...yeah you could have liability, collision, etc... but what are the limits? 100000/300000? etc...

·
Registered
314 Posts
currently i have 25000/50000 on all the liabilities coverage, 1000 deductible on comp and collision, and my payments are 140 a month (1600 a year) and i am 21 year old, clean record
I am with progressive

·
Registered
842 Posts
That sucks. I pay $1800 a year for full coverage with $250 deductible for my 07 600rr, 02 Ford Expy and a 05 Infiniti G35. State Farm FTW!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts