Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a half day at work today so I went out to Palomar with a buddy of mine. I got a flat in a construction zone and didn't realize it. We got out there, and I thought the whole time that my suspension felt really loose and sloppy (the tire was just getting low at this point). I take it a little easy cause it felt odd, and we end up heading out to borrego. We take a few video clips on our phones of this loooooong ass 100mph turn dragging knee. My tire is getting real squirrely and I have no ******* clue why, so I pull off to the side...sure enough, the bitch is just about flat. I head home, riding like crap the whole way with my wheel goin wherever it pleases. Along the way, one of my kneesliders (which I just broke out of the package today) flies off. Now I'm out a slider. And my tire is flat. I just got these Michelin H2's just 3 weeks ago and now its gone. Luckily I kept my D208 for shits and giggles, and I don't have to buy a new one just yet. Anyway, I'm just lucky I didn't go down.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I am guessing no patching that one. ;) Glad things didn't get any worse.

I got a flat on the interstate one time and within a few miles of feeling a difference i pull over and there's rubber flung everywhere, the tire started to develop some holes and it was smokin like it was on fire. They can go quick.

I am averaging about 2,850 miles between punctures. Had my second one Monday at 5,700.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Shitty deal. :( I have yet to get a flat, but I'm not looking forward to the first. I guess it gives me a good excuse to put some Michelins on though :icon_lol:

Glad you didn't lose the bike while it was flat. That would have really sucked.

·
Registered
116 Posts
sorry to hear about the bad luck, when i bought my 05, for 300 bucks i got a 5 year tire and rim warranty, if either tire goes flat i get a replacement, if i hit a pothole and bend up a rim i get a free replacement, it sucked just watching the total go up on my bike, but i like having that small piece of mind

1 - 6 of 6 Posts