Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I picked up the bike from the impound today and it sucked real bad to see the condition of it up close.I took it to my g/f's house until tomorrow when I can take it to the dealer and get a quote for repairs..So far without touching anything,here are the damages I see clearly.Someone please let me know if they would assume it to be a write-off.

DAMAGES:
Upper Fairing
Mid Fairing on both sides
Maybe the lowers
Headlights
Gas tank cover
Air duct covers
Front fender
Right rearset
Both front blinkers
Clutch cover
Tail section
Front brake lever

POSSIBLY:
Front forks
Tripple Clamps
Clip-on's
Front wheel

Let me know what you think they'll say.Pics soon to follow.
Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
a car launched him if I remember correctly. I guess you wont really know how bad it s untill you find out about the forks and frame. Just me, but I couldn't trust those forks again, always with their wee beady eyes....... :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LonelyRR said:
Doesn't sound that bad. I had about the same amount of damage done to my RR.
Cost me about $2500 out my pocket and this is off Ebay and took me 3 weeks to get her back on the road.
I see what you're saying but the thing is I have to take it to the dealer to get the work done since the bike is financed.You know how the dealer can be about parts/labour..I hope it is a write-off though because it hit hard and I also don't want a bike with a history of serious damage.I'm pretty sure that even though the forks aren't visibly damaged,I really don't think they're going to want to put those things back on.Guess how it went to the compound? The guys on the flatbed picked it up by JUST the tripple with some sort or cherry picker and laid it down on its side the whole way to the yard.Nice huh.I started the bike and it sounds like absolute SH!T!

Atlas,thanks man I'll just be happy to feel better and be able to ride again.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Alright. . . I know someone going through this right now. He low sided last Thursday. Left side damage only. . . insurance writeup: close to $5000 in damage. If any of your "Possibly" listings need replacing your going to come damn close to totalling the bike.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm..Yea I definitely need every piece of bodywork replaced on the whole bike,except the plastic pieces that cover the subframe below the front seat.Am I wrong in assuming the dealer will insist that the forks be replaced after a straight on collision like that? I don't really trust them after that.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Almost the same list that I had from my wreck except my radiator, subframe, and front wheel were shot as well. If you choose to do it out of pocket (just an idea) my total is going to come out to around $2200 but I've been searching for super sweet deals. Look for any 'white/grey' lines on the frame, especially near the head tube since in head on collisions there might be a stress fracture. Sorry about the crappy luck man - best wishes in getting back on your bike soon.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The damage does not sound that bad but without seeing it who knows. I'm going to guess that it is a good chance that if your bill is going to bereally high and your insurance will total it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
From what I heard, my cousins bike will be put back into the condition it was in before the crash. That means, 99% of the scratched parts will be replaced. The only thing not being replaced is the frame because the scratch is so minimal.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
your insurance company has totalled it, right? they better have with that much damage... i'm assuming you bought it from them? if so, screw the dealership and get aftermarket bodywork and a custom paint job. that'll be a LOT cheaper than buy brand new OEM bodywork. get the rest of the parts off of e-bay...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok guys I took the bike and dropped it off at the dealer today to have it looked at.We were in the shop going over the obvious stuff when we noticed a few things that I never did before when the bike was sitting in the trailer.Here they are.

FRONT FORKS.They said they can't be much good after the straight hit.
SWINGARM possibly tweaked a little and definitely scuffed up badly near the axle.
BAR ENDS
CLIP-ON..Right Side
REAR AXLE 100% needs replacing.It's a mess.
FRAME has a couple small chips and scratches in it.
HEADER..Not sure if it's normal but the 2 pipes on the left are set back quite a bit from the other 2.(The service manager and Tech even said it didn't look right)
LOWER TRIPPLE CLAMP is a mess.
REAR BRAKE RESERVOIR CAP is a mess.(Scuffed up)
POSSIBLE ENGINE DAMAGE.We started it and it runs and sounds like $hit.
I will edit this if I remember anything else they mentioned.They basically said it's gonna be a write-off after they factor in the cost of labour and such.
..So what happens if they do write it off? Do I get a brand new bike from Honda when my insurance is combined with my GAP insurance?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
RHINO-RR said:
So what happens if they do write it off? Do I get a brand new bike from Honda when my insurance is combined with my GAP insurance?
They will write the financing company a check for blue book value. If you owe more than that gap covers the amout left over and you will be out a bike.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Just using random numbers.

If the blue book value is $6800.00 and you owe $7500.00 the bank gets a check from your insurance co. for $6800.00 then another check for $700.00 from gap insurance co. Rhino RR gets $0.00. If blue book is $6800.00 and you owe $5000.00 Bank gets a check from insurance co. for $5000.00 Rhino gets $1800.00

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok I get that part.But I have full coverage on my 05 and I just bought it in April,so I owe alot of money on it still.I don't expect to get money out of this.I want to know if I'm getting a new bike.That's what insurance is for.They can't just take my bike away and tell me I'm screwed because I had an accident.lol

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The only way to get a bike would be if you had yours paid off in full, the insurance would cut you a check for blue book value not full retail on a brand new bike. Then you could take the check to the dealer and apply it towards another bike. But since it is financed the bank gets the money first, thats why insurance is required for financed items. You can also purchase your bike back from insurance co. if it is totalled and fix it back up yourself but it would have a salvage or rebuilt title.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WTF?? So if I don't get mine back I am out of a brand new bike? what the hell is that all about.If I'm making payments and I pay into insurance they should give me a new bike!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts