Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the 600rr.net very much. It's been an integral part of my daily life ever since last October when I caught the RR flu which continues excite me everytime I see or read about all things with two wheels.

However, I can't help but to feel disappointed that we rarely have group buy's on items that are considered by many a "MUST" purchase for our beloved machines.

For example, I rarely see 05-06 exhausts being listed. I see more 03-04 exhausts being advertised. In my opinion, the older RR's are more likely to already have aftermaket exhausts installed on them.(my assumption, please correct me if I'm wrong) Furthermore, there are items such as crash sliders that seldomly make its way to this covetted page.

Fancy boots, steering dampers, and corbin seats definitely add to our riding pleasures, but I feel that these items are merely optional to many and do not cater to the need-to-own desires of majority members.

One can argue that each rider will ultimately determine their own priority as to which items are more important for their riding experience. But judging by reading many posts throughout the different sections in the forum, I can speak for the average 600RR owners.

We come together here at 600rr.NET as fans(some enthusiasts) of Honda Sportbikes to share ideas, experiences, and offer advices to other fellow riders. And I truly appreciate our site sponsors for making this virtual gathering possible, especially MRI who has provided me with the most "perfect" safety gear. Although I may have to wait a bit longer for coast to coast shipping, knowing that I am buying the right things from good people is priceless.

I understand that the membership to this site is a previledge, and GB's are not mandatory for our site sponsors. However, because our funds are always limited and our wants are always endless, I must rant tonight my 2 cents as a member who takes pride in belonging to this great community.

PS - Maybe I'm just stressing for nothing...Having a hard time saving up for a second 600RR as a gift for my little brother, Sean who's graduating from college this summer. I'm so proud of him.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
i guess it all depends on who has what and is overstocked on it, and how many people been holding out for a bargain. start your own poll for a group buy, see who would be interested. maybe one of the site vendors will jump on it if they see how many are interested.

can i be your little brother, i promise to graduate something too. :cruising:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I would agree with you... but there is one problem. I am not sure how "Group Buys" work. I haven't paid much attention to them. To me it seems like a buch of people buy a item at a discounted price. Is the correct?

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Charles
Here is my 2 cents on the subject its not hard at all to get a feel for
a group buy on a certain item and like ceph said once a vendor finds
out there is a desire for a certain item he gets the will to paticipate and
off a deal & finally the group buy has to get approved by admin

For example
The sidi's boots & the corbin seat GB started that way
on the other hand getting a bunch of members ( a number of 10)
to have the desire to buy one patricular exhaust would be kind of hard
due to many varaiances such as price , sound , slip on or full system, pipe material
but feel free to start a thread and get a feel for how much interest is there
and based on that the GB will either start or not

Best of luck

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wow, you guys wait for a vendor to come to you with an offer for a group buy?
at DCSportbikes.com we try to go and get vendors to to group buys, sponsor TrackDays, and give our [contributing] members discounts.

·
Registered
643 Posts
steelrain said:
Wow, you guys wait for a vendor to come to you with an offer for a group buy?
at DCSportbikes.com we try to go and get vendors to to group buys, sponsor TrackDays, and give our [contributing] members discounts.
Well yeah except half the people who visit DCSportbikes.com and DCsportbikes.net have this weird thing where they go up to you and go, "So do you .com or .net??" I'd rather not associate with dudes who get hard ons and get territorial over what site you visit. Same dudes that stroke each other off in in the parking lot of Barnes & Noble instead of actually riding.

Point is that it's kind of hard to make a comparison between a site like DCSportbikes.com and this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts