Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
My third trackday I finally laid it down at close to 80mph. It was a lowside in turn 3. Luckily my bike and myself made it out not so bad. It was more fun then I thought it would be and even funnier to watch on video. ENJOY!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, I made the post before I finished uploading the video, not smart I know. Try it NOW!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, believe it or not I was actually laughing at myself when it happended.

The bikes not bad, just bent right clip-on and broken right footpeg.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
nice...lucky.

tucked the front...man your line was waaaaaaaaaay off it looks like.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Noooooooo...

what happened Maine? I thought this was at JGP before i read it. Looks like a easy lowside tho. good to hear it was just minor. Did u lose rear tire traction? before the crash your form looked good, but maybe leaned a lil too much (the bike not the rider).

its all good man. at least u can laugh it off. hope we can do Jennings again soon. btw what tires were u using?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice!! Thanks!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
nice vid and song. lol. i liked it.
sucks to see you go down tho.
looks like your spirits is high...get back on the horse and ride mang!

and we want some details...spit em out if your can recall what happened.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Did you lose the front?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
im no pro here but it looks like ur head is still centered on the bike, kiss ur mirror! haha.. idk if itll help u or not but if i think about it and i can feel my head centered over the bike then i use this lil trick: if ur turning right, i get my left arm as straight as possible (without locking it out) which forces my body off the side of the bike and vice versa..

goodluck bro

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments guys, i had a feeling you guys would like the vid.

I'm still nw to the trackday thing, that was only my 3rd and that was my first at Barber. With that being said, i know my lines were off and my form still needs A LOT of work but I'm trying my best...

Why i think I fell: I was using Pirelli Rosso's which are street tires and I had used them at my previous 2 track days and the have a few thousand miles of street riding on them.
During the session before that one(second session of the day) I felt the front pushing a little a few times but I chose to ignore it and continue to push on it.
When I was going through the turn the bike felt good and I was stable and was just using a little throttle to maintain speed, I was completely off the brakes by then. Next the I know the front tire ALL OF A SUDDEN (meaning no warning or sliding) just gave out and next thing I was on my face and rolling.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Never ignore your bike when it's telling you something.

Just cut my last track day real short because my stator cover was weeping oil. For a fleeting moment I thought, damn, I'm all the way out here, it hasn't caused problems all day yesterday although it was weeping a little (thought it was chain lube), maybe I should just keep riding. Looked again and saw a little oil on the swing arm which meant a little oil on the tire... Packed her up shiny and me in one piece and went home.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Its all good Maine. what matters is the bike is ridable and ur ok.

A friend of mine wiped out on his 636 with fresh 2cts last July 5th on his first trackday . I was behind him and saw the whole thing. It just slid from under him midturn. Sometimes it may not be the tires, just rider error.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts