Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you guys found these courses to be helpful and worth while? Its supposed to be hot and im guessing the parts of the class not in a classroom are just low speed parking lot drills. right? well anyway i picked up an under armor long sleeve heat gear shirt hoping this will kinda help with the heat. What did you guys think of the course? and does it really give you any kind of break on insurance?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well worth your time and money, I recommend it to everyone I can.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i took the intermediate class after riding for nearly 3k miles, and i didnt learn much at all. i think the only thing that i found helpful from the course was to avoid using front brakes while mid turn (i was somewhat new and didnt know that), other than that, it was all a review.

but its still a good idea to take the class to make sure u have all the basics covered.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey man, I just took this class and got done today. it is very informative. 99% of the riding I was doing on the street prior to this course was 99% dangerous and wrong. Its a very fun course and you will learn a lot of from it. Pay attention in class and listen closely to your instructors during the riding session.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i recommend the class all the way!! its very informative and will give you basic skills to ride properly out there. i've recommended it to all my friends and to anyone thinking about getting a bike

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i got a small break on my insurance from taking the course. i had been riding for a little while before i took the class and still had a lot of fun. those little cruisers are kinda fun....i definitely think the low speed maneuvering was helpful, and the swerving and braking.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i only took the classroom 2 night course to get my permit. That and about 5-6 years of dirtbike/ATV experience was enough to educate me about the fundamental aspects of riding a sportbike

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just finished my course over the weekend. It's definitely worth it, I learned quite a bit, and so did everyone there it seemed

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just finished mine this weekend, too. Sure, it was boring and monotonous. However, I did learn a few things, I get a discount on my insurance, and I got my Class M license out of it, without dealing with the DMV. Plus, Pennsylvania is one of the few states where the class is state funded, so it didn't cost me a thing.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
I just finished mine this weekend, too. Sure, it was boring and monotonous. However, I did learn a few things, I get a discount on my insurance, and I got my Class M license out of it, without dealing with the DMV. Plus, Pennsylvania is one of the few states where the class is state funded, so it didn't cost me a thing.
more states should do that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts