Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding yesterday for about 3 1/2 hours straight and my neck was a little sore. This morning it didn't bother me too bad, but after I went riding today for about an hour I can barely turn my neck. It is killing me. That was probably the longest ride I have been on so far on my 600rr. I have always heard of sore wrists and a$$es but I never thought my neck would hurt this bad. Any suggestions? Should I alter my riding postion to help. Thanks...

N

·
0 Posts
You'd believe how many times I see riders so tense on their bikes. They got the death grip on their handlebars, arm stiff like a woody, and so on.

Relax.

Put some ice on your neck. Also, it could be the way you're sleeping. Take away some pillows.

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Were you fighting a head wind? Maybe a little nervous on being out longer then normal? Heck, even just hard riding can give you aches and pains. If you're new to riding, one of the first things I tell people is that they need to learn to relax. A lot of ppl get uptight and nervous which causes aches and pains.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like I have been riding relaxed. I used to have the problem of sore wrist from gripping too tight but no longer have that problem. I was facing a head wind but I have also done that in the past. Maybe it was a long ride in addition to a bad sleeping position. You would think that my neck would hurt most after my long ride yesterday. I don't know...I guess we will see in the future. What is the longest time/distance you have all ridden. Where you extrememly sore afterward? What are your recomendations for breaks/rests etc. thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
What kind of helmet do you have? I used to get really bad neck pain from my HJC cl-14 simply because it weighed so much.

·
Registered
613 Posts
You gotta rest mate, every 1.5 hours mininimum. That's half the fun anyway - pulling up somewhere for a smoke or whatever it is you do and thinking or talking about the sweet corners you just rode.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
definitely too much pillows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts