Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
heres a challenge.

you know for a bike, theres three lines in one lane. do that road again, but this time, without leaving the center line, then i would applaud you.

thats the real challenge on the streets.

BUT, PLEASE, take it to the tracks.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
NorCal has the best backroads. Did Skaggs Springs last week with my week off. Take about a twisty crazy ass road. All the way from SeaRanch/Stewarts Point back to Santa Rosa where I live. You in the South Bay? Because theres nowhere in the North Bay you can go that far without hittin wineries

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you know for a bike, theres three lines in one lane. do that road again, but this time, without leaving the center line, then i would applaud you.
Trust me on that road you wouldn't always want to be in the middle. You can see in the first few turns I pretty much am in the middle, but the road gets pretty bumpy and tar snaked after that. I have a pretty good idea of the lines I at least feel good with on that road.

This is in the east bay area...

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
Trust me on that road you wouldn't always want to be in the middle. You can see in the first few turns I pretty much am in the middle, but the road gets pretty bumpy and tar snaked after that. I have a pretty good idea of the lines I at least feel good with on that road.

This is in the east bay area...
true enough, thats why im gonna say, take it to the track

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I hope the guy on the dual sport waved you by before passing him in the same lane! Thats a good way to scare someone right off the side of the road if they don't see you, not to mention how wide the camera man went in the next corner right after the pass.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope the guy on the dual sport waved you by before passing him in the same lane! Thats a good way to scare someone right off the side of the road if they don't see you, not to mention how wide the camera man went in the next corner right after the pass.
There was a good 15-20 seconds cut out when we were behind the guy..I don't know if it's visible in the vid but he did wave us past...

And yes, I know I should take it to the track...Eventually I will..

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
you need to kiss your mirrors.. you move your butt but your head stays over the bike.. try leaning your whole body over

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
about how far is that road from the Novato/black point area? my family lives in napa now but those roads look so familiar.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
about how far is that road from the Novato/black point area? my family lives in napa now but those roads look so familiar.
It's a good hour or so probably. The name of the road is Alhambra Valley road, same road I recently posted a RIP thread for Darrell Hagelberg :(

you need to kiss your mirrors.. you move your butt but your head stays over the bike.. try leaning your whole body over
Yea you're totally right. It helps a lot to be able to see my positioning from a 3rd person perspective. I've been getting over much more lately.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I thought that you looked pretty good. I definatly agree with the others about you being crossed up. Just get you upper body over more (kiss the mirrors is a good tip) and you will find that you can take those turns much faster. That being said you should take it to the track. You will learn much more and have more fun but nice video. Ride safe

·
Registered
335 Posts
I agree with the taking it to the track comment. Kiss the mirrors, trust your tires(if they're worth that) and hang off the seat a bit more. BTW, you and your camera man are the reason(to some extent) every time some one sees what kind of bike I have they say
" You're gonna get killed on that thing"
I appreciate that!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I agree with the taking it to the track comment. Kiss the mirrors, trust your tires(if they're worth that) and hang off the seat a bit more. BTW, you and your camera man are the reason(to some extent) every time some one sees what kind of bike I have they say
" You're gonna get killed on that thing"
I appreciate that!
don't sell yourself short.. your right wrist is the reason people say that! :icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts