Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm pretty new here, but wanted to post up some photos of my new-to-me 600rr.
It's only got 9800miles on her, and a few mods (PC3, 520conversion, slip-on, etc) Lots of little touches though, so tell me what you guys think! I really love this bike, super fun. But I did have a few gripes: the throttle is almost impossible to roll back on from coasting without 'jerking'. Any fixes for that?
Plus my wrists get sore/numb after a while, so I got the gel sport grips, but didn't really help. I usually ride without gloves. Any Ideas?
Well here's a pic, click here to see the gallery:
http://img25.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=crw4057.jpg

·
Registered
882 Posts
nice bike bro...do you get any heat from the cops with your license plate?
about your wrists, try to hold yourself a little more upright by gripping the tank with your legs...it might take a little getting used to, but it will take pressure off your wrists. try not to lock your elbows too.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well I'm pretty new here, but wanted to post up some photos of my new-to-me 600rr.
It's only got 9800miles on her, and a few mods (PC3, 520conversion, slip-on, etc) Lots of little touches though, so tell me what you guys think! I really love this bike, super fun. But I did have a few gripes: the throttle is almost impossible to roll back on from coasting without 'jerking'. Any fixes for that?
Plus my wrists get sore/numb after a while, so I got the gel sport grips, but didn't really help. I usually ride without gloves. Any Ideas?
Well here's a pic, click here to see the gallery:
http://img25.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=crw4057.jpg

Wow, you must like like the sense of touch. Getting gloves would help but it's probably to hot there in California.:bootyshak

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
nice bike.... use ur abs (stomach) to hold urself up and squeeze tank with thighs.. no pressure on wrists.. u probably dont wear jacket either? helmet? boots? gloves are easiest part...dude do i smell fish...squid maybe..?? :p

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's really hot here right now, and in Santa Barbara the hills are on fire right now, so that sucks. Here's a more compleate list O' mods

520 sprocket conversion
Pc3 power commander
OEM solo seat cover
Frame sliders
Puig windscreen double bubble
integrated turn signal on the back
LED front turn signals
Akraprovic exhaust system

Painted lower fairings to match the bike

Powder coated swing arm (from silver to black)
Powder coated rearsets (from silver to black)
Mesh screens in fairings, rear cowel.
rear brake reservoir delete
and some others...

·
Registered
532 Posts
nice i gotta red 03 too but mines a tribal : )
you should definately get some gloves they will help. You just need to get some throttle control it comes from seat time. You said your from SoCal? Whereabouts?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
nice clean RR. wear your gloves bro. your hands will thank you in the event of a crash (God forbid).

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know. A car turned into me without signaling on my other bike. And my ONLY injury was to my hand. Sucks, but I just like riding without gloves.

BTW I have 20,000+ miles on the street and 8 years riding experience.
I've learned a good amount in the 6 previous bikes I've owned, this is just my first super sport bike. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Cool. Your bike is a bit illegal considering how cops roll in SB. May want to move that plate and get some proper signals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts