Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
I am new to biking and new to the forum. This weekend I put the first 200 miles on my Telefonica CBR 600 RR. I only just got my full licence a week ago and this baby has been locked in the garage for the last month so it was an awesome weekend all round. I was nervous as hell when I got on her for the first time but what a machine ... thanks to HONDA for making such an awesome bike that a newbie like me can ride and feel so comfortable on.
Only upgrade so far was Pazzo Racing Levers.... yeah had to do something while I couldn't ride it. My wrists and thumbs are still bit sore after all those miles but wow was it worth it and can't wait for next weekend already.

Scott

·
Registered
543 Posts
im diggin the paint scheme. im assuming you bought it like that. hows come i didnt see anything like that when i was shoppin around....

welcome btw. keep it safe and take it slow

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SilentBob27 said:
im diggin the paint scheme. im assuming you bought it like that. hows come i didnt see anything like that when i was shoppin around....

welcome btw. keep it safe and take it slow
Thanks yeah I bought it like that ... it is the Telefonica replica ...! I was a bit sad and bought the Arai Gibernau helmet that matches as well ;)

Thanks for the welcome ...! I am very lucky to have 2 friends that have been riding for a long time looking after me by riding with me and teaching me a lot. I still can't get over what an awesome bike Honda have made and how nice it is to ride.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice ride. I am assuming that you are not in America since that version, unfortunately, is not available here. I'm Jealous.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
600rrrider said:
Welcome to the site. Nice ride. I am assuming that you are not in America since that version, unfortunately, is not available here. I'm Jealous.
Yeah I am a South African living in London, UK.

Thats a pity as it really does look awesome on the road. Just waiting for my rear cowl so I can lose the pillion seat.

Frame-sliders ... I will have to look into that and see what I need to do.

Been reading up on the site ... would a GPR steering damper be overkill for a newbie??

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
nice bike man!! thats an awesome scheme! one of these days ill do a replica bike!

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Nope, A damper is nice whatever your skill level, I have the scotts. Nice bike, and do they make a color match rear cowl for that replica, or are you going to have it painted?

Nice Defender in the background

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WherzRoony said:
Nope, A damper is nice whatever your skill level, I have the scotts. Nice bike, and do they make a color match rear cowl for that replica, or are you going to have it painted?

Nice Defender in the background
My rear cowl color matched has been on order since I bought the bike but still waiting for it :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
You bastard! Why didn't they offer the Telefonica in the states????????????????????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ryan42657 said:
You bastard! Why didn't they offer the Telefonica in the states????????????????????
That really is a shame I am sure that bike would sell well in whatever country. I think there were only 400 made for the UK market not sure about other countries. That scheme is why I had the bike before I had a licence :) + it cost me £500 for the Matching Arai Gib helmet .... its only money I guess (says he that will now be broke for the rest of his life)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts