Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have to give a shout out to illusioneclipse who sold me this FE at a great price and really fast shipping. He is a great member to do business with. So anyway I bought this FE and got it installed and I really like how it brings the plate up off the back wheel but I don't like how the wires and bolts are now exposed unlike OEM. I can't decide if the trade off of bring the plate up is worth having the wires and bolts exposed. What are your guys thoughts. Would you keep the FE on there or go back to the OEM fender? Or maybe you could tell me if I am missing something that covers those up or if I installed it wrong :ponder:

Before

After

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'd go back to stock. Doesn't look like there's a big enough difference. Now your brake light is set further down and not in line with the turn signals. Plus, like you mentioned, the exposed wires don't do it for me. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd go back to stock. Doesn't look like there's a big enough difference. Now your brake light is set further down and not in line with the turn signals. Plus, like you mentioned, the exposed wires don't do it for me. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah I am kinda on the same thought process as you.

·
Registered
444 Posts
yeah me too, imo it really didn't clean up the back and that's what a fe is suppose to do..

·
Registered
173 Posts
In all honestly it looks like i did that Same exact thing to my Stock Fender when i was bored with a dremel and it was free, other that a few shards of plastic in the eye haha

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got tripage?
Not a big fan of Tripage's because you have to relocate that plate and I odn't want to do that. I looked into TST Industries and but they could not provide a pic of the FE mounted on the bike and I don't want to waste more money into something I don't know if it is what I want. If TST could post a pic of their FE mounted on a 2007+ 600RR I would go that route.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not a big fan of Tripage's because you have to relocate that plate and I odn't want to do that. I looked into TST Industries and but they could not provide a pic of the FE mounted on the bike and I don't want to waste more money into something I don't know if it is what I want. If TST could post a pic of their FE mounted on a 2007+ 600RR I would go that route.
get the tripage adjustable FE with the integrated tail light, or get different blinkers, or just go the full tripage route and have him put LED's in your passenger pegs...

and i'm sure if you used the search function on here (top right corner fyi) and put TST, a picture might come up...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm thinking maybe I should go back to the OEM fender and do something like this

You don't even need to do that. I don't think I have a photo of the quick job i did so I will explain. I took a dremel and cut off the "shovel". When you take off the reflector below the brake light there are 3 holes in the plastic. Take your OEM license plate bracket and match it up to where the reflector went and drill two holes to match the two outer holes where the reflector was. Mount it up and you have a cleaned up back end. Best of all no more shovel!

I'll get a pic up here for you to see. And I agree the exposed nuts and bolts on your FE looks like crap, OEM or bust.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You don't even need to do that. I don't think I have a photo of the quick job i did so I will explain. I took a dremel and cut off the "shovel". When you take off the reflector below the brake light there are 3 holes in the plastic. Take your OEM license plate bracket and match it up to where the reflector went and drill two holes to match the two outer holes where the reflector was. Mount it up and you have a cleaned up back end. Best of all no more shovel!

I'll get a pic up here for you to see. And I agree the exposed nuts and bolts on your FE looks like crap, OEM or bust.
Vrede that sounds like it might work out real well. If you could post pics of how yours turned out I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
The Tripage adjustable tag bracket keeps your plate in almost the stock position, it is attached to your exhaust bracket.

However, the TST tag bracket relocates your plate to underneath the battery box tucked deep in there.

Just wanted to clarify that, seems as if you had it backwards. Seeing as you like the stock look, It would make more sense to go the Tripage route.

Here is the TST tag bracket

Here is the Tripage adjustable tag bracket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.