Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ex rode with me here n there - i even bought her a helmet. We went 120 together and she wasnt afraid she enjoyed riding on nice days. She even passed her MSF yesterday...

but anyways, shes my ex so onto the new. My new gf has a bunch of cousins that ride R1s, so i was like cool bikes arent anything new to her....come to find out she's never rode on the back of a motorcycle! she wont ride with me! ever since i met her, i've only rode my bike maybe 2x whereas before - i was riding 5-6x a week. Not saying i choose the bike over here or anything, but im tryna figure out how i can get her to ride wit me damnit. She does modeling on the side here n there so im thinkin shes afraid of falling and scarring.

PS: i did however manage to get her to agree to do a photoshoot with my graff pretty soon! she knows a ton of professional photographers and they'll do it for free so time to clean my baby up

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol damn u just made me realize how miserable my roommate is with his girl who absolutely loves riding on the back so much that he hates it. i pop the front up infront of him and it frustrates him. by the end of the ride, theyre bitching and fighting with each other instead of being able to enjoy the ride...

i still wish she would ride with me esp when we have to sit in LA traffic instead of hoppin on the bike

·
Registered
974 Posts
how about because you act ghetto and telling people that you ride 120 mph with a passenger just proves that you go beyond stupid phrases like "wit" to blatant actions with no self regard. She's rightly afraid you'll act like a further idiot and she'll die.

·
Registered
349 Posts
1) Your girlfriend rides with me all the time, so I don't know what the problem is.

2) Did you tell her all about how your ex would ride with you, how you got her her own helmet, and how she pass the MSF yesterday? If not, you should try telling her about it, and then report back to us about how it works out.

:toothy4:

·
Registered
658 Posts
dude, be happy, that means you can go ride without being 2-up all the time, and once she starts to see you less and less, she will then make a decision...
1. Its about time i hop on the bike and see what its all about, so just take her 2 up
2. Man this sucks my man likes his bike more then im leaving his ass, shes a nitwit for choosing that one.
3. everything stays the same except you get to ride with your boys and ride your girl after your done with the ride.

all seem like win wins to me..so let her choose and you just rideee

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
My fiance got one look at my RR and said "there's no way I'm getting on that thing" and I can't blame her. I honestly wouldn't trust someone enough to get on the back of a crotch rocket either. I've seen way too many times that guys want to show off and only end up scaring the sh** out of the passenger.

If you want her to ride with you, get a cruser with a big sissy bar. My fiance loves the large seat and back rest of mine. She feels way safer and I don't feel the need to prove anything since it drives like a car.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i'm not gonna ask for pics, but unless she's super hot (like a 10/10) then its understandable why she doesn't wanna ride 2up. from what me and my ex talk about (she has her MSF and license too) most girls don't want to ride because of fear of getting hurt. or if they're anything decent looking or better, they wanna keep it that way.

sure its damn nice to have a chick on the back, but the way I ride (and most of us speed demons here) they probably are thinking of safety vs thrill.

you can bet Megan Fox doesn't ride in real life altho she does in Transformers 2!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
lol my now ex hates the bike and I don't ever plan to have a passenger (solo seat and no passenger pegs)... My buddy owns a hayabusa and even he hates riding 2 up...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts