Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this suit on Friday and rode with it this weekend, gotta say I didnt sweat at all!!! fully preforated on the front and double (yes double) armor on the shoulder, elbow/forearm, knees/shin. you can really feel the wind passing through, from the suit I had before this one is like having A/C.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
very nice... how much did it run you and where from if you don't mind me asking? is it custom?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On Sale for $699.00, it's not custom but it fits me pretty good. I'm an odd shape.LOL. I got it from House of Motorcycles in San Diego, not many people carry there suits at all. I first seen Komodo at an AMA race and was just blown away with the features it offers. They also custom make suits too. komodogear.com

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
sweet i went to their site. i kind of like a few of their street jakcets too.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
Sweet suit, and thats cool. I need to check into this for this Georgia summer heat for next year.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah there street jackets are nice too, rode with one before I bought the suit. Theres so much padding in the arms, when you look in your mirrors all you see is ODOMOK.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
nice suit chris now you just need to learne to ride lol j.k sweet thow

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
teleinfoncarr said:
nice suit chris now you just need to learne to ride lol j.k sweet thow
I'm pulling the training wheels off tonight LOL....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nice suit. I'm glad to hear there's finally a little interest building in their company. I had their Ceno jacket for a while and really liked it. The waist was a little short on me, but I blame it on my gut. I like the new FX suit, though. All their stuff is very well made and holds up really well in crashes. There's been several articles online of people going down over 100, and no seems split.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I have a gut too, thats why I like their suit cause it does'nt have the typical slender fit. I'm 5'-8" and weigh 200ish and wear a 44. fits rally good too

G

·
Congrats!

Kinda looks like an Alpinestars suit. A GPU suit or something. Still, gotta love customizing your suit. Whether you customize an off the rack suit or go independent they're just awesome!

·
Registered
860 Posts
That's about how I'm built. I'm 5'6 225, so short arms, 42" chest, and 46" gut. The only problem I had was the arms being a little long, otherwise it always felt really safe and in place. I'd like to try on their FX suit one of these days if I get into track days. They're personal tailor works near me. I had her tailor my HRC jacket.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the arms are about 1" too long on me but not as bad as when I tried on the MotoGP suit. SPR SLO thats right Komodo is out of Texas, Their customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yup, they're out of Dallas. I actually talked to their VP personally trying to see if they'd make the Ceno jacket custom for me, but he said they only custom made suits. I wish they'd come out with a middle of the road jacket similar to the A* TZ-1. Their baseline leather jacket isn't as protective, and the Ceno is bulky at times.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
That's a nice suit. Sort of tribal logo is cool too. I like that like the MotoGP suit, it has spandex behind the arm and leg joints. It makes it so much more comfortable.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SPR SLO said:
Yup, they're out of Dallas. I actually talked to their VP personally trying to see if they'd make the Ceno jacket custom for me, but he said they only custom made suits. I wish they'd come out with a middle of the road jacket similar to the A* TZ-1. Their baseline leather jacket isn't as protective, and the Ceno is bulky at times.
I thinking of getting their Skins jacket cause it comes in either preforated or non-pref. It kinda looks like a Repsol jacket.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just bought the same suit, but in black. Waiting for it to come in the mail.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just got a new Komodo FX Suit. Great suit and outstanding customer service.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts