Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So I've been using the car rim and tire iron method for a year. It works well, but its work and I love to spend money on a nice tool to make the job easier. A couple of weeks ago I picked up the Nomar classic tire changer, as I'm very OCD and don't want to scratch my rims with an HF or other frugal method. This thing works exactly as advertised. It is extremely heave duty, nice strong welds, very high quality. I am very impressed. I did my first tire change with it this weekend and it was SUPER easy. I took a couple of video's of the important parts, no practice runs, first tire change with it ever. I did this so that others might see what you can expect from a "first try" using this setup. It didn't leave a mark on my rims at all. I did watch the nomar video's on their website to pick up tips and instructions. Oh, and my wife is a smart a$$.

Also, if any locals around the Louisville, KY area are interested, I'll change yours for 10 a rim off the bike. I'll balance for another 5 a rim. I'll see if I can't get a few buddies to help me offset the cost of this bad boy. Send me a PM.

Video's below ...

Video 1 of 3

Video 2 of 3

Video 3 of 3

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basic tire changer is 600. The utlimate package is like 800 and includes all kinds of stuff. I got the ultimate package minus the wheel balancer for 700 because I already had a marc parnes wheel balancer. www.nomartirechanger.com is the website and has lots of details.

Oh, and I fired the Camera girl... LOL.. Actually she went shopping and I had to make due.

·
Registered
116 Posts
thanks for the vids have been thinking of getting one but was sure it was far more difficult than they said but your vid proofed me wrong.great vids enjoyed the commentary wives they never change didnt doubt you for a second did she:icon_lol:

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the vids have been thinking of getting one but was sure it was far more difficult than they said but your vid proofed me wrong.great vids enjoyed the commentary wives they never change didnt doubt you for a second did she:icon_lol:
Yeah, she's got a good sense of humor. We harrass each other constantly LOL..

The nomar really is great. That was my first tire change like I said, I'm quite sure with a couple more that it would be as smooth and effortless as the video's on nomar's site. I've been doing them by hand for about a year, and this thing makes it so much nicer..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts