Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first product launch as a product manager, its launching nationally August 15th. Its a continuous cold therapy unit that is used to deliver cold therapy post-operatively. This is an e-mail blast/teaser I sent to my sales reps.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
nice man. could you think of a way to rig something like this up for leathers?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
CRP
Awesome man best of luck bro

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice man. could you think of a way to rig something like this up for leathers?

We built a prototype vest many years ago for cooling surgeons according to my boss, but it never took off. I work for a sports medicine company, we not only do these cold therapy machines but alot of athletic bracing as well. Our company and another one are the two leading athletic bracing companies in the country. As a matter of fact, I am getting to meet a NFL player that was on three superbowl championship teams later this month to discuss ways he might endorse my product and others. Each of the product managers gets 45 minutes with him to discuss ways he might help us sell product. I can't mention who he is yet though. He is probably going to help out the guys who do the bracing more than me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice! Does your product utilize peltier/TEC technology to deliver the cooling?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Does your product utilize peltier/TEC technology to deliver the cooling?
Nope, cold therapy is a very price sensitive market, my machine uses ice. Even though almost every surgeon you talk to agrees its crazy not to use my product after surgery, there is no insurance reimbursement for it. In a world of ever increasing medical costs, it can be sometimes hard to convince surgeons to add even more cost to their procedures. That being said, we sell millions and millions of dollars worth of these devices, and we are the market leader. If you have just had a knee/shoulder or whatever surgery, these machines are the bomb-diggity (and you can quote me on that!).

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've used a product like that back in 2000 after I had my ACL knee surgery.

It felt sooooo good when the cold ice water runs through that pad thingy under the wrapping cloth.
It cools my leg down since it has to be wrapped with them cloth 24/7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts