Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm a pretty lucky guy... I got a bike for free!!! My best friend is stationed in Alaska for the next 3to4 years so he decided to leave me his bike. The only catch is that he crashed it and I have to put in some work before I can ride her but other than that its a good day for me. Wish it was a Honda though.
Here are some pics of it after the accident...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This is mostly gonna be a trackbike for me to with maybe a little street riding in the mix.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Free ========================= Brilliant congrats maine

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That used to be one of my favorite phrases. Damn, i didnt think about that. I'm gonna see what this Suzuki is really made of...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Maine, didn't you get your '07 for like $5000, nearly new? You ARE a lucky SOB...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's that you have?"

"A free motorcycle."

"A FREE motorcycle?!? BRILLIANT!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I will give you 100 bucks for it. Thats like..... infinity times profit. Im jealous. Extra toys never hurt.

·
Registered
350 Posts
very nice. Is it leaking from the cases? Good luck on the rebuild. I find gsxr used parts alot easier than i do 600rrs. :p it shouldnt be too hard to track down parts.

Lucky. :p

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
congrats maine!!! have fun w/your new gal. get vortex fairing stay bracket, maybe their clip ons too, some cheap skins & have @ it

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, thats pretty much what I have on my list. I might make some kind of headlight for street use but I'm not sure I'm going be riding on the street.

·
Registered
937 Posts
very nice. Is it leaking from the cases? Good luck on the rebuild. I find gsxr used parts alot easier than i do 600rrs. :p it shouldnt be too hard to track down parts.

Lucky. :p
'Zuks are squidilicious, and dudes be forever dumping those bikes left and right = high availability of cheap parts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Maine u lucky SOB!

What's the damage other than cosmetic? gixxer600s are great bikes, i rode one for a bit (same color as yours). Track plastics is the way to go, cheap and easy to put on. Good luck with the rebuild man!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only damage other than cometic is a cracked case on the left and need new mast cylinder. And thats pretty much it. I'm definitly gonna throw some race plastics on it, the RR too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts