Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my eye on one of these for almost 2 years now. This past weekend I decided to man up and get it. I was looking at Bushmasters also, but the Rock River Arms was cheaper and just as nice with more features. Plus the DEA just adopted them. I am still working out the sites. I have no problem at 50 yards, but I am off at 100. I am used to a standard "U" shaped rear site instead of the AR's flip up circle rear site.
Also a short video HERE.

Thanks,
Dusty

·
Registered
162 Posts
My friend and my uncle both have the RRA...that thing is a blast to shoot, plus it is just really good quality. You got anything else that goes bang bang.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
nice dude.... but when would you actually use that other then fooling around????

·
Registered
227 Posts
If this is like the M-16 we use in the USMC then mark of 30yds put your rear sight to 8/3 (elevation) center it (windage knob left-right) and put your front sight flush. This should give you a good base. This is were we start for shooting 300 yards. Want to shot 500yards go 8/3+2 clicks up same with going to 200 and 100 yds just go 8/3- pm me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wish we can still get those in CA. My friend got one before the ban and once in a while we'll take it to a range.

The guy to my left is a freakin' Sheriff too.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Layden - thanks for the tips. Ill try that next time I am at the range

Mr_600rr - I use it for nothing other than fooling around and target shooting. That is until the day our society collapses and it becomes like the old west again.

LuckyCBR - I have 2 other guns of my own. Plus my roomate's 40 and my girlfriends .22. You can check them out on my webpage www.urmom.net/guns.html

Thanks,
Dusty

·
Registered
95 Posts
Only in America!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice choice in a rifle

Here's mine in my favorite configuration:

·
Registered
407 Posts
ImhurdlerJr, is that your first one? If so, welcome to the club. I've got a few of them myself. 32 long guns so far, some mil style thrown in here and there. Here's a few of my fav's. The shotgun stays at my bedside!

I'm a Colt man at heart, this is a close up my LE6920 w/ EOTech LE sight. It's my baby, best shooting of the bunch.

Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
972 Posts
heres my contribution... more pics in my webshots thing

DPMS A-15 M4gery. FN m4 HBAR, M4 handguard/6 pos tele stock, DPMS LPK
ive built this about 2 years ago and gets fed none other than WOLF steel case ammo.. pretty soon u will see DPMS and wolf ammo decals on the bike

im thinking about trading the remy 870 for a sig 229 in 9mm.... i wanted to try shooting skeet and trap but didnt like it. so i put about 10 shells through it and havent shot it since..

·
Registered
188 Posts
tougebear said:
Classic picture of squids without proper gear (eye protection)! Tuck in your elbow, lean a little forward, feet should be shoulder width apart, and finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

"You'll shoot your eye out kid!" Just kidding :wave:

·
Registered
162 Posts
EOTech sights are amazing, I am just getting started with my guns, but got a 1911, Benelli Shotty, and a Century Arms G3. What else do ya'll have?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Huh my brother was looking at one today and decided he was going to buy one, Very Nice

·
Registered
972 Posts
turtlehead 8 said:
how does that RRA differ from the Colt?
to me its alll in a name...... all about brand loyalty.

gonna have to know the entire history of the "black rifle" to even try to understand what the hell is going on....

i reccomend www.ar-15.com soo much info there ur eyes will bleed. ( im a member there)

·
Registered
188 Posts
LuckyCBR said:
What else do ya'll have?
Well, I'm like Shooter (I have too many to list) but here are my favorites:
Handgun:1911 or Glock21
Shotgun: Benelli M1
Long Range Rifle: PSS 700
All Around rifle: AR15/M16

·
Registered
162 Posts
Holy crap, is that the hubble on that rifle? What kind and what power is that bad boy?

·
Registered
407 Posts
LuckyCBR said:
What else do ya'll have?

I've got just about everything except a cannon..........................

Oh yea, got one of them too,,,,,if you're counting HANDCANNONS!!!!!!!!

10 1/2" bbl Ruger Super Blackhawk in .480 Ruger.

Nice arsenal there Johnnyboy.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts