Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like I could not stay off bikes for too long. So I decided it was time to hop and a cruiser. I love the bike, handles nice and it is extremely comfortable. I even got to drag those street feelers on the bottom of the front pegs.

Here is a decent pic, I need some better ones.

And before you ask, yes there is a small list of mods coming, well a growing list. Right now I am working on a new rear wheel with a 200 rea tire. I would have gone larger, but then I need to change more parts and that gets $$$$. I am also looking into a solo seat, some pipes, hypercharger and a rear tail light/blinker setup. I figure this is a good start for the list, expecially since I just bought her on Friday.

So here it is: 2006 VTX 1300

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Awsome man, glad to see you back on 2. Nice choice of wheels, those are great looking bikes.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats actually on my list of my next bike to buy. Of course I'm keeping my 600, but I miss having access to a cruiser to ride. I used to ride my Uncle's all the time.

Nice Bike!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
dam, did that engine come with any bike attached? or is some assembly required?

very very nice bike. couldn't stay away to long heh?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments. Of course I will always be on this board, it is like my my second home. Sooner or later I will get another sport bike. I just need to get the money. Having a cruiser is nice, especially for those long rides.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You punk! That is awesome!!! Congrats. Did you consider the VTX1800 at all?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nemesis said:
You punk! That is awesome!!! Congrats. Did you consider the VTX1800 at all?
I actually originally wanted the 1800F Spec 3. But... that would have run me around 15k. With this one I was OTD at less than 10k.

This way I can now spend some more money on mods :beer:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice. my next bike.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I really like that bike, I've seen a couple of them at the dealership where I buy parts and that color is awesome.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
homerjay4242 said:
I actually originally wanted the 1800F Spec 3. But... that would have run me around 15k. With this one I was OTD at less than 10k.

This way I can now spend some more money on mods :beer:
I was looking forward to a V-Rod before my accident. Someday tho, it'll happen.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sweet ride mang. I'd like to get a retro model 1300, prolly in black. I think its alot cooler bike than the 1800 anyways, and sounds tons better with pipes. The 1800 sounds like 2 lawnmowers dragracing.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Does the 2006 still have the single pin??? I have a 95 ACE 1100 with the single pin and it sounds incredible with an exhaust. Vibrates like hell but thats what a cruiser is for.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dr.Spank said:
Does the 2006 still have the single pin??? I have a 95 ACE 1100 with the single pin and it sounds incredible with an exhaust. Vibrates like hell but thats what a cruiser is for.
Single pin? I am not up on the cruise lingo at this point. Still trying to get a feel for everything.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
What can I say, it looks comfortable but I can come to think of selling my RR for something like that. Guess it's just not my thing at this point in my life... Still I beat it is fun to ride, hell all cycles are!

Jason

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
homerjay4242...congrats! My neighbor rides vtx & has an aftermarket exhaust that just thunders. I'll find out what brand & let you know.

Ride well...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PAPA_3kings said:
homerjay4242...congrats! My neighbor rides vtx & has an aftermarket exhaust that just thunders. I'll find out what brand & let you know.

Ride well...

Thanks man! I am still tying to figure out a nice exhaust setup. I am leaning towards the BUB Jughuggers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts