Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to decide what bike I want next..

I loved my 600RR, but i'm just wanting something different.. I want something with alot of power, but I don't want something that isn't flickable.. I want a bike to ride around town, and take rides on, but something I can also tear up the twistys too at the gap.. I was thinking for a while about going with a 1000RR.. But I dont know if I can bring myself to buy an 07 when I know the 08 will probably be an awesome bike.. Plus the 1000RR weight is around 388 dry, with a 190 tire.. It just seems like its gonna be heavy and numb in the curves.. I love Hondas and always have, but my eyes keep looking at other brands too.. I really like the new R1's.. but same thing.. the dry weight is 390.. that seems awful heavy.. Lastly, I've been looking at GSXR's... 1000's and 750's.. I like the GSXR 1000, but I really hate the gay exhaust... and then theres the 750... lighter than my 06 600RR and more powerful.. 180 tire.. like the short exhaust.. But then i'm afraid if I get the 750, i'll still want for a liter bike.. I can't decide

·
Registered
445 Posts
First up - screw brand loyalty - buy what suits you best :)

Considered just modding the 600rr (maybe raising compression, etc to get a little more poke)?

I'm not sure what riding you do, but on a bike, the fun is to be had on winding roads, and for that, you've got one of the best bikes in the business.

Any thou you step up to is not going to turn *quite* so well as a well sorted 600.

Really depends what riding you do...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
wait till next year and get the 08 1000RR. TRUST ME!

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
1098 =]

...or wait for the new Aprilia. It's going to be a MONSTER!!

Jason

·
19,904 Posts
have u heard something about the next aprillia?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
2008 World Superbike dreams 1-Aprilia V4 999 Prototype 0

The Aprilia V4 project utilizes a brand new V4 999cc engine destined both for world superbike and the road. The V4 will be Aprilia’s first ever four cylinder motorcycle. Already now at the very beginning of the project Aprilia stipulates a max power of more than 210hp from the superbike version. Aprilia surprised everyone when it last threw itself into World Superbike racing with the RSV Mille by being competitive and winning races in the first year. The new V4 project is a different ballgame and the engine is completely designed in-house. But in many ways, Aprilia have got more racing heritage to its name than Ducati. Not in world superbikes, but on the GP tracks with 125’s and 250’s. The RS Cube MotoGP project failed big time for Aprilia and almost run the company off the map financially. The triple engine had more than enough power, but was virtually unrideable. So Aprilia are now trying again with a new engine in World Superbike. You might speculate that Aprilia chose the V4 999cc engine to gain experience in the V4 format and perhaps also be able to produce an 800cc version for future MotoGP glories.

The 65 degree V4 was also chosen to utilize Aprilia’s extensive know how in producing a race chassis around narrow V-engines. The new V4 is even more compact than the current V60 used in the RSV models. Aprilia will use fly-by-wire technology with wiring never seen on any motorcycle before. The fuel management system is very advanced where servo motors only operate its own row of cylinders throttle bodies. This has been done to optimise high power engine management. This is needed when the V4 spins around at a maximum 13.500rpm.

Aprilia recently started testing of the new engines in a new chassis. The bike is called Prototype 0. This is the very first shakedown test of the engine after bench testing under realistic conditions on a roadracing circuit. The rest of that prototype is basically a modified RSV 1000R. The bike will be shown with final design and chassis at the 2007 EICMA show in Milan. Words: Tor Sagen/CG: Robert O'Brien/Photo-CAD: Aprilia

http://motorcyclebloggers.com/2007/02/28/aprilia-v4-999cc/

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/aprilia_v4.shtml

·
Registered
445 Posts
Daytona 675 perhaps
Was going to mention the 675, but i think that if you're going from a cbr there's little point.

They're a hot bike, but although they're torquey there's no more power....

·
19,904 Posts
dear God, if they succeed it will be a Beast!
my my my, will it even be rideable, oh snap...
this rates its own thread, you, got pics and sh!t

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First up - screw brand loyalty - buy what suits you best :)

Considered just modding the 600rr (maybe raising compression, etc to get a little more poke)?

I'm not sure what riding you do, but on a bike, the fun is to be had on winding roads, and for that, you've got one of the best bikes in the business.

Any thou you step up to is not going to turn *quite* so well as a well sorted 600.

Really depends what riding you do...

I already sold my bike.. its been gone for about amonth now

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
2008 World Superbike dreams 1-Aprilia V4 999 Prototype 0

The Aprilia V4 project utilizes a brand new V4 999cc engine destined both for world superbike and the road. The V4 will be Aprilia’s first ever four cylinder motorcycle. Already now at the very beginning of the project Aprilia stipulates a max power of more than 210hp from the superbike version. Aprilia surprised everyone when it last threw itself into World Superbike racing with the RSV Mille by being competitive and winning races in the first year. The new V4 project is a different ballgame and the engine is completely designed in-house. But in many ways, Aprilia have got more racing heritage to its name than Ducati. Not in world superbikes, but on the GP tracks with 125’s and 250’s. The RS Cube MotoGP project failed big time for Aprilia and almost run the company off the map financially. The triple engine had more than enough power, but was virtually unrideable. So Aprilia are now trying again with a new engine in World Superbike. You might speculate that Aprilia chose the V4 999cc engine to gain experience in the V4 format and perhaps also be able to produce an 800cc version for future MotoGP glories.

The 65 degree V4 was also chosen to utilize Aprilia’s extensive know how in producing a race chassis around narrow V-engines. The new V4 is even more compact than the current V60 used in the RSV models. Aprilia will use fly-by-wire technology with wiring never seen on any motorcycle before. The fuel management system is very advanced where servo motors only operate its own row of cylinders throttle bodies. This has been done to optimise high power engine management. This is needed when the V4 spins around at a maximum 13.500rpm.

Aprilia recently started testing of the new engines in a new chassis. The bike is called Prototype 0. This is the very first shakedown test of the engine after bench testing under realistic conditions on a roadracing circuit. The rest of that prototype is basically a modified RSV 1000R. The bike will be shown with final design and chassis at the 2007 EICMA show in Milan. Words: Tor Sagen/CG: Robert O'Brien/Photo-CAD: Aprilia

http://motorcyclebloggers.com/2007/02/28/aprilia-v4-999cc/

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/aprilia_v4.shtml
WOW WOW and fricken WOW

·
Registered
445 Posts
Bugger....

Step up to a thou then, and get accustomed to the extra weight.

The current thous really aren't heavy in the scheme of things - sure they're 10-15kg heavier than an 07 CBR600rr - but compared to any other type of bike, they're fly-weights...

Are you 100% set on a faired bike? Considered something like the Speed Triple, Brutale, Tuono, etc?

From what I've heard the speed triple is a real hooligan bike... sure it's naked, but the steering geometry is sporty, the engine has heaps of character, etc... it will certainly be "different" from a super sport 600....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like you really want a superbike...just get the 1000rr and throw a 180 rear on it. Make yourself happy.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm diggin that Hypermotard! I'm thinking about scheduling a test ride. I'm not sure that I would want to spend 14K on a bike though.

The 1000's don't weight any more than your 600 did, I wouldn't worry about the weight so much. Put a 180 on it, set the bike up for you and rock out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm diggin that Hypermotard! I'm thinking about scheduling a test ride. I'm not sure that I would want to spend 14K on a bike though.

The 1000's don't weight any more than your 600 did, I wouldn't worry about the weight so much. Put a 180 on it, set the bike up for you and rock out.
prolly what i'll do..

i see you have a 06 750.. what do you think of it?..

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
go for the K7 gixxer 1k. i've seen plenty of guys convert the dual exhaust to single. problem solved. its the best liter bike for 2007, and it weighs just about the same as an 06RR. if u got the funds, go for 1098s or Aprilla.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts