Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some of you might have seen my fog run and my story about going out in 21 degree weather + snow. Well, yeah, this is why... my good friend (also on rr.net now) started this challenge for us CT people on bandofriders.net :

This winter starting on the first weekend of December and going to the first weekend of March I will ride at the very least once a week for at least 20 miles. If it is nice out then a long ride will happen but no matter what I will ride. I will take a picture of my ODO before and after and take a picture when I am out somewhere. This includes the real cold crap days through February and most of it will be done on my fighter except for when it is down for the paint job. A lot of the weeks will be easy thanks to our nice global warming but there will be some real tough days out there which is why any day will do in a given week. The week will start on Monday and end on Sunday. The pictures have to be posted by Sunday night to count.

So my challenge is (and I know a few people on here will do it) to get some of you to do the same thing.

Once again here are the rules I will go by.

1.) Take three shots, ODO before, after and a riding shot. If you ride for more than one day in the week then take the picture at the beginning and end of the week for total mileage.
2.) The week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. Pick any day for the ride.
3.) Post your pictures by Sunday night for it to count on that week.
4.) Make sure you post the ride date in your thread.

There will be Fourteen weeks to this challenge so you will have to have Fourteen threads by the first week of March.

Good luck if you accept this challenge.

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts
Pansy!! Id say make it 100 miles!

·
Registered
345 Posts
lol.. i ride 50 miles a day here.. no snow on the ground.. but it gets friggen cold..

i wont lie if i had a cage, i'd drive.. but mine is dedicated to the wifey and kidz..
:cruising:

·
Registered
367 Posts
And you were all laughing at me for the robber's mask! I still try and ride every day or two, but I definitely don't do it without my mask. Coming out of Maricopa its freezing cold in the morning!

Sounds like a fun challenge though!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was like 17 degrees this morning and snowed. And i know I and some of the guys will be out on the road at some point this weekend!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Id do the challenge it gets pretty cold here and my bike is a daily just not sure how i would get the riding pic. It does snow here too and it already has. Im in need of a new tire though.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
If Arizona riders did this, Az riders would OWN this challenge.. :director:

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
wouldnt be to hard to do out here in Cali...

its pretty chilly in the monring 40-50* but it warms up to 70* during the day...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts