Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it didn't cost me a dime.

The're building homes like crazy where I live and I noticed while I was driving past some of these new neighborhoods, one section looked just like a race track. There aren't any homes on the streets, but the roads are freshly paved and are barracaded off to the public. I know it's not totally legal, but I was able to get my bike through the barracade w/ no problem, and there I was, with plenty of room for me to practice my cornering and brakin w/ no cages or people in sight. Just me and the road. It was pretty fun. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

Below is a pic of my personal race track. The high lighted are was my track, with some detouring and reversing to make it a little more fun.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I see red and blue lights in your near future.

Jason

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just got to be careful of Johnny Law and make sure there aren't any workers around. It was a blast! I'll probably keep doing it until I get a ticket or yelled at.

·
Registered
540 Posts
great idea! i'd take a ticket or gettin yelled at for a closed environment like that.... i'm gonna go searchin on the next nice day :)

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
rockitfuel said:
Well, that will be fun while it lasts.....
Pics would be neat.
I would think ya would be good to not hang around there.
Just get a few laps in and leave.
Pics? Get a nice video setup, let's see a few flyer laps. It actually looks like a pretty fun track layout.

·
Registered
193 Posts
awesome stuff man.

The airport by my place has a lot of ups/downs turns and what not. I go there at night sometimew when there isnt a lot of people around and hit up some turns. I usually make a couple laps and leave. So far (knock on wood) no hasstle yet, I just wish I had the stock exhaust on sometimes cuz my jardine screams around 7K.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
its funny cause i used a construction site like that for off roading in my jeep! lol... now there are some new ones goin up... cops don't usually seem to care about the bike as long as there is no one around and you're not goin hog wild... wear your gear so they don't just think you're some punk kid... otherwise they'll ring you a new one.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Now if you can get an ambulance,cornerworkers,leathers,75 more riders,lots more runnoff,wider pavement it will be just like a real racetrack.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Be careful, because I think you'd be looking at more than a ticket. Going into a barricaded area like that could possibly be trespassing on city property which isn’t good.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Just watch out for the curbs and dirt and mud that gets washed onto the street.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before I went in I, was considering if I should do it or not. Cause there was a big sign that said not to go in. But I figured what the hell. If I do get busted, I'll explain to the officer that I'm just touching up my skills here so I could be safer rider out there. If that didn't work, I'm big enough to take the responsibility of the consequences.

Before I started really going around it, I just cruised around and checked out the conditions. There was a little bit of gravel around "turn 1". So I made sure to slow down at the approach of it. I had a lot of fun when I was getting used the "track". I could tell the differences when I braked too early or too late before going into the corners. It actually helped me out a lot. I must say, my legs are pretty soar and I can see what people are talking about when they talk about fatigue and how you could get lazy and careless. I was on it for almost an hour. Could just imagine a full track day at a real track...whew.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The most they can get you for is tresspassing, wreckless driving, careless driving, speeding, disobeying stop signs etc. and if the officer is cool he might let you go. If you see anyone coming to talk to you that isnt law enforcement just book it.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
cbrmarc said:
this thread is useless without on board footage!!!
forget on board footage, where can we get tickets to watch you race?

Thats sweet though, nice find.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you want to keep riding it, do not tell anyone about it. There is a place in S. Miami that was an old housing developement, that got blown over by Hurricane Andrew. The roads were still there, but the houses were tornn down. It was covered by overgrown weeds and trees. It was great for a while, then everyone started telling a friend and more and more people started showing up. Then someone got hurt pretty bad. The next thing you know the police are hanging out there on the weekends. Now no one gets to ride there. I am looking for a new place. The problem with places under construction is, when the houses start going up, contractors equipment and materials start to get checked up on or the hire security. Always be careful out there, and never ride alone in those situations.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts