Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent had too much riding time in the past three weeks due to a shoulder injury.

I got my tyres about 3 weeks ago and have about 500 miles on them at the most.

I've gotten the rear end loose on a few turns a few times and its starting to aggravate me.

Yesterday I took a turn a little aggressive after about a 15 minute ride in some 80 degree weather and my ass end started to drift again.

I searched and it seems to be just me who doesnt like these tyres. My Diablo Corsa IIIs never, ever got loose I loved those and im prolly gonna go back.

Anyone else having a getting loose problem or do i need to throw more miles on them?

·
Registered
356 Posts
No, never. The 2CT's are brilliant tyres, I have just gone through a set, and most of that was riding on track. Plenty of other riders use them, and I have never heard anything but praise.
My guess is that you either have the wrong pressure on them, or your suspension poorly set.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
+1111 for 2ct's love them. Never had a problem with them. psi or suspension would be my guess.. T

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roflmao... thanks guys. I wasnt even thinking. When I first got the tyres im sure they maxed PSI (42) and I havent rode too much so I am sure they are still not correct.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Roflmao... thanks guys. I wasnt even thinking. When I first got the tyres im sure they maxed PSI (42) and I havent rode too much so I am sure they are still not correct.
You should be running around 30-32 psi. 99.9% of people won't be able to out-ride the PP's on the street. They make a good track tire too.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
too much psi, possible cold tire temps (where you at?), and new tire coating probably still on. fix all this and you'll love em' I suspect?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Also make sure it's not one of those prevention 'recall' that michelin put up awhile back that made from France or something similar. I forgot. Other than that, you didn't warm up your tire or have proper pressure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well bro was your shoulder injury from laying your bike down cause I have the 2ct's and they grab the ground like a champ. Although when I low sided my bike for a while there after my mind was messing with me making me think my tire was sliding when it really wasn't. After I got past that all was well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts