Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An aftermarket exhaust is a ways away so I thought I would do something a little different with the stock unit. What do you think?

·
Registered
919 Posts
nice...

(bro, you gotta work on the chicken strips :stickyman:icon_pidu )

AF_Brad said:
An aftermarket exhaust is a ways away so I thought I would do something a little different with the stock unit. What do you think?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ichiro said:
nice...

(bro, you gotta work on the chicken strips :stickyman:icon_pidu )
I know, I know, all my riding has been straight up highway type milage. Today was probably the first chance I had to open it up but I had my wife with me. Maybe tomorrow....

·
Registered
202 Posts
hey can you show a picture from the back end, i just wanna see your FE and how it looks like...the lights are attached to your reflecter brackets arent they?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Beautiful! How did you do it? Mid pipe looks great. Nice clear pics.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's one from the back.

And another one from before I removed the heat shields.

·
Registered
157 Posts
you sell out your supposed to be saving for a group buy slip on :) not wasting money on polish :) hehe looks really good!! wanna stop by and do mine? haha

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
wow looks good man! how long did it take from start to finish?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ms8367 said:
that looks really good. You should pop holes in your baffle and deepen the sound of to match the sweet appearance. :)
I just did that today. Sounds much better and it only cost...nothing.
brandon250r said:
you sell out your supposed to be saving for a group buy slip on :) not wasting money on polish :) hehe looks really good!! wanna stop by and do mine? haha
I already had the Mothers in the garage. Actually my wife gave me a 100 bones for my birthday tomorrow.
mr_600RR said:
wow looks good man! how long did it take from start to finish?
sytfu_RR said:
wow that looks great, please tell how did you do that?
Once I got the heat shield off I just started rubbing in the Mothers while I still had the pass pegs and rear set off. I probably took 30 minutes tops to get it nice and shiny as you see it in the pictures.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
brad tell me how to do it u just rubbed mothers polish on it??????? i wanna polish my jardine mid pipe u got a link to what the bottle looks like? u dont have to take off anything correct? did u polish the whole pipe or just the side u can see? i already have no pegs so that should make it easier.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TonyTheTige-rr said:
brad tell me how to do it u just rubbed mothers polish on it??????? i wanna polish my jardine mid pipe u got a link to what the bottle looks like? u dont have to take off anything correct? did u polish the whole pipe or just the side u can see? i already have no pegs so that should make it easier.
I used this stuff.

It's like waxing a car. Take a soft cloth and work the polish into the metal in small circles, let it haze, then buff off. All I polished was what I could get to, so the top and back side of the pipe got neglected for now. When you first start the rag will turn black as it is polishing the gunk off, once you start getting a good polish the rag should have far less gunk on it.

Remember Danielson; wax on, wax off.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts