Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was taking a right turn out of my subdivision onto a long stretch of nice flat road, and like always I put max throttle in first gear through that road. So as I was nearing the power band my engine starts to scream.. like always. And then all of a sudden at around 9.5krpms, power is cut off to my rear tire.. but not like pulling in the clutch more like completely letting go of the throttle(even though I didn't) . And then to make matters worse it instantaneously resumed power(as if someone retwisted the throttle all the way back) and I went through the freakiest power wheelie ever.

And I was thinking..okay maybe I accidently DID let go of the throttle and then put it back on, so I did a U-turn and twisted my throttle all the way back to check.. and just like before around 9ishRPM the throttle went off and on even though I had it twisted back entirely. After that I went home and pondered the recent events.

Do you guys have any idea why? Has this happened to you before? It's an 03. 6,000 miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
was your motor warmed up completely? like above 160 degrees? on my r6 ive had it not allow full power unless the motor is warm, but its never cut out.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Alright check it...

I had this same problem. Difference is, it usually happened in the turns and even at the track at full lean. NOT COOL. I'm lucky my front end didn't wash out. Almost killed my weekend at Pahrump. We ended up taking the throttle controls apart and there it was... somehow my killswitch got messed up and there was a loose wire which would basically kill the engine for a millisecond under loads. We ended up just disconnecting the 'switch altogether and I enjoyed the rest of the weekend and haven't had a problem since.

Check your throttle assembly/kill switch.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Or I wonder if somehow, the tip over sensor is feeling the G's and cutting out momentarily?

And, umm, there is no need for full throttle on the streets.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Could be several things. Make sure the BAS is bolted tight. Could also be a bad TPS. Loose battery cables.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Must have been scary, glad you were able to maintain control and didn't wreck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
05'600RR said:
Must have been scary, glad you were able to maintain control and didn't wreck.
It was, thanks. An old guy driving by in a mini-van gave me a thumbs up after it happened, I just played it off by giving him a return thumbs up.

I figured out what it was, it happens everytime the bike is violently shaken or bumped.. which led me to believe that my kickstand spring somehow came a little loose. Because everytime the bike's bumped, the kickstand moves down like 2cm which is enough for the bike to shut off since it's in gear.

·
Registered
693 Posts
well thanks for letting us know the prob. like to know the little things so if something happens to me i have an idea of what to look out for, glad your ok and the bike to :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
That is great that you were able to find the problem, like Randy13 said it's good to know what to look for if something similar were to happen to others.

·
Registered
800 Posts
600hcrr said:
It was, thanks. An old guy driving by in a mini-van gave me a thumbs up after it happened, I just played it off by giving him a return thumbs up.

I figured out what it was, it happens everytime the bike is violently shaken or bumped.. which led me to believe that my kickstand spring somehow came a little loose. Because everytime the bike's bumped, the kickstand moves down like 2cm which is enough for the bike to shut off since it's in gear.
Damn HONDAS just kidding people....At least you figured it out.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
TMMR03 said:
on my r6....
no comment lol

the old kickstand problem happened to one of my buddies on the interstate and we were underneath an overpass and eventually in a Dairy Queen parking lot for about 20 minutes before we figured it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts