Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i posted the other day about how tropical storm ernesto fucked up my bike because it was submerged in like 5 feet of water, well on top of that somebody took it upon themself to steal my bike later on Friday night after the water went down, so yeah, now my bike is ******* gone, and plus i didnt have comprehensive coverage which is my fault because i should have gotten it instead of just being cheap and having liability but i was going to wait til i go on deployment to get the comprehensive coverage on my insurance, but anyways, so i'm paying $8900 for a motorcycle i can't ride because it's stolen, so if anybody in the Norfolk area or Virginia for that matter knows of anybody coming up with a all black 2005 cbr600rr with some water damage please let me know so i can kill the motherfucker accordingly.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
wow that reallly sucks.. feel better man..

·
Banned
544 Posts
That sucks, weren't you planning to take it to a dealer to have it looked at- man, thats gonna suck if there is water in the engine and those thieves try to start it up- not good. Not sure how insurance(homeowners) if you even had it, you may want to see if you have coverage if the bike floated away- not sure how far you'd get, but maybe look at that angle. Good luck either way man, that sucks- too many bikes getting jacked lately.

G

·
Consider it an expensive lesson learned. I had one of those once. It will stick with you always. Sorry about your luck.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Hate to hear that. Hope something improves for you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Damn that does suck. Did you have it financed as collateral? All my times financing vehicles i had to keep full coverage on them.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
sorry to hear that man......... hope everything goes well

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry about your situation, it sucks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you have renters, and depending on where it was stolen from, you may be able to get them to cover it...it's a long shot, but maybe.

Where in Norfolk? Little Creek area?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Maybe that's an omen that you are not supposed to have a bike?? Don't know man but I certainly feel bad for ya, hope everything works out for the best.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Like someone else said, try homeowners/renters insurance. If you have it, it will probably cover the theft... or maybe the "water damage". Thats probably your best out. Good luck though.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
you say you are still paying for it? if you are making payments, then you HAVE to have full coverage, the bank with the title would get screwed otherwise. Either way, sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
slab42-that rule actually varies state to state. I've heard elsewhere of people not fully insuring their bikes even when they have a loan...

ohfivedoubleare-yes, it wasnt stolen it washed away in the storm...really. I'm sure if you think hard you'll 'remember' thats what happened...8^)

sucks either way.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
sorry to hear about your situation.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
if you have renters or home owners insurance they might cover the bike.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i live in SC and i only have liability! its nice cuz i can use that extra cash to pay for nice things, such as comprehensive option. I hate hearing about bikes getting stolen, it makes me parinoid for atleast a week. :( hope a lead will surface and the crooks will be punished. OR the washing away theory. damn them storms

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nah it wasn't washed away lol, it's definitely long gone, i'm trying to figure something out with the money situation, maybe i can get my loan refinanced and get an extension or something i dunno, i can't live without my bike :-( thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts