Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a scorpion carbon fiber slip on from dennis kirk for 178 shipped brand new and had it installed today. it arrived to me from DK in 4 days (awesome) and had my local dealer install it for 40$... so 220$ for a cf slip on installed was great! will post vid tomorrow...
ps opinions on painting the lower fairing black?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
are your red lowers plastidipped or sprayed?

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Sorry... dont care for the looks as far as fitment. Sticks out alot ( more than my 2bros) and hangs down too much. That bracket looks out of place. If you were to shorten it and raise it, it would look sick. Just my opinion. I do like the pipe tho.

Not a fan of the red lowers either. I'd go black.

Again.. my opinion only.

Edit... you wasn't looking for opinions on the Scorpion so disregard all that 1st part... lol. Nice pipe, congrats.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I think it's a cool looking can. Although it does hang pretty low, it should be low enough that you can clearly see the IT.

I agree with wrath that the bracket looks bulky and out of place, but I think it would look great if you did something like this to hide it.

This is what I did to my bike. You can easily still see the brake light; however, I do plan on adding some small signals to the tag bracket since the exhaust guards make it a little hard to see which way I'm signaling.

Edit: I think if you added some red rim tape it would take some attention away from the lowers and the red would flow a bit better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a lowering bracket on there from tst but i agree with yall and think ill be ok if i remove it and use the stock locations. the red lowers are sprayed not dipped, as with the rest of the fairings. i dont know if ill be able to shorten it though to make it hang out less, the way the bends are in the mid pipe look like maybe i could go 3/4 inch max...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
i have a lowering bracket on there from tst but i agree with yall and think ill be ok if i remove it and use the stock locations. the red lowers are sprayed not dipped, as with the rest of the fairings. i dont know if ill be able to shorten it though to make it hang out less, the way the bends are in the mid pipe look like maybe i could go 3/4 inch max...
Try it with out your lowering links... I doubt it will block your IT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts