Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did my second trackday on Easter. Moved up to Level 2 this time. I wasn't sure how it would go since the experience level is generally a great deal higher in 2. It turned out to be perfect, and I would say it was an appropriate spot for me.
I worked on body position, and trail braking this time. Especially reference points for braking.
I almost have my position down, just a few minor adjustments needed.
I got my knee down during the 3rd session and was really stoked! :banger:After that I was dragging in a majority of the turns and the excitement went out the window....what a bummer:sad:Not too bad for trackday number 2. I seem to be advancing quickly.
Haven't paid for the pics yet so I can only link. Check em out and let me know what you think. The thumbnails with this pic are sequential. If you are up to it check the other pics for the Level 2 sessions and see more shots.
http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=939583

Got a hold of a couple pics from a friend. The ones in the link above are better IMHO.

This one is me and my GF coming around the Carousel (TWS) She's on the ZX6R on the inside, getting ready to see my backside ;-P

My girl

MikeyP

Me in the Carousel

Carousel #2

Carousel #3

D

·
0 Posts
Not bad for a 2nd track day.
Next time try getting your head/shoulder down and forward a little more, and getting your inside foot up more on the footpeg.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I agree, still need some adjustments to my body position. I am having a hard time getting a comfortable position on my pegs and am constantly adjusting while on the track.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
get a rearset if you can afford one, if not then some adjustable riser plates should do like i have on my bike. if you keep adjusting your position when you ride it means you're not comfortable on the bike, by moving around a lot you're upsetting the suspension.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Like Demented mentioned already, you want to get down INTO the bike. Act like you're hugging a tree, you roll from one side to the other.

And don't bother sticking your knee out so far, all that is going to do is hinder your comfort level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts